MOSBY'S RAIDERS | POST SHOW LIVE | Ride Shots

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mosby's Raiders | 99% Complete

Thats sick I declare you king of coolness 8)

Peatbog said:
bike2112 said:
Thanks Peat, The rear fender is actually a leaf spring for the seat.

What the...!? How'd I miss that part of the build? Well then, it's even cooler.

Of all the cool features on this bike, I think the leaf spring seat is the coolest. I even contemplated stealing it with a twist for Flexy at one time. If I wanted a nanner, it would be the perfect solution.

bike2112 said:
It has a turning radius of a schoolbus on a footpath. It does coast downhill in a straight line really well though.

LOL, I think you have your wheels turned almost to the max in the photos don't you??

If you only ride down cul-de-sacs you should be okay. :p

I would be amazed if this awesome bike didn't finish in the top three or five.

Re: Mosby's Raiders | 99% Complete page 20

Great looking bike :!: :!: Definitely one of my faves 8) 8)

I thought that was a flower in the other photos, but wasn't sure. Cool photo. Glad she had fun with you.

bike2112 said:
Circa Cycles said:
Great looking bike :!: :!: Definitely one of my faves 8) 8)

Circa, thanks a bunch. I really appreciate it. On another note, are you safe from the fires out there?? I hope so. It is really a tough situation for everyone out there and my thoughts and prayers are with all the families affected by them.

Thanks for your concern and prayers for the unfortunate victims of the wild fires.It has been unusually hot and dry this year.A month or so of unrelenting heat in the 90's with a couple weeks hovering around 100+and tying the hottest temp EVER at 105.But that's Ma Nature.The pine beetle kill in the mountains is widespread and the only way to stop it is wild fire.A needed process for forest rejuvination.I live in the Denver metro area and not threatened by the fires.Some of the areas burned are in some of my favorite areas to mountain bike,which is kind of a bummer.But on the positive side,reforestation efforts pave the way for new trails to be made.

Re: Mosby's Raiders | 99% Complete page 20, 22 and 23

Hey bud,
Sorry, been on vacation and missed theses photos until now.

All I can say is WOW! Your bike is amazing, I think the tires TOTALLY make it :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:

Great work!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Very nice. My next bike will use the creme/white ThickBricks.

How does it ride??

Cant stop staring at the seat and spring - just a beautiful flow to it - you put alot of work into this bike and it shows

Wait wait wait! You used a Thompson bottom bracket? Dang, I needed that for my build! It's been my biggest headache.

bike2112 said:
Mr. Kool said:
Pure genius on the spring's seat. This bike is really well thought!!!

Thank you sir. My wife thinks I just sit in the basement and stare at stuff for hours on end.... How many times have we all heard that???? Lol.

LOL! Yes sir!!! My shop is so small though, so it is hard to step back and think on something. That's why I do so much mock up. Then I can step back and stare at the computer screen toggling back and forth at the different angles. Wife thinks I'm nuts too!

And I totally agree about that spring seat!!!!!!!!!

Re: Mosby's Raiders | 99% Complete page 20, more on page 22

bike2112 said:
DSCN4054-1.jpg
That's just so cool!!

I like that photo to. It's like he has a new puppy, so he set's it up with a light for warmth.
I am surprised there isn't an old tick tock clock to fool the bike that his momma's heartbeat is nearby. :p
Is that newspaper under the rear end?

Back