Most rotted tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see what you find on bikes. Bonus points if they still hold air like this first tire.

The bike is quite clean for a 1991. Wonder what kind of environment it was stored in.

Ugh this makes me sad: last time I was picking, found a brand new old pair of really aggressive Kendas in 26x2.3
I was so excited, this size is getting tougher to find in a real trail tread. I already had visions of shred dancing in my head, when I found real shreds in the sidewalls. No pictures could capture my disappointment.
The added rub was that I found a second set in a smaller size and handed them to Ingola, and they're fine...

Not a bicycle but tubes. Most tubes are very prone to punctures so I don't imaging this lasted very long.

Tubes hold the air. Tires hold the pressure, protect the tubes and give you some grip on the planet..

floatation.fat.trike.jpg

120+ years old. I had to break and chip them apart in petrified chunks with players. The cotton cording was also rotted and broke apart with the rock like chunks. No flex anywhere. They were glued on using shellack so there were no clincher wires to deal with. Pinch, chip, pinch, chip, over and over.
F9437D56-C1E6-43C5-BA92-0D2B7E636FC6.jpeg

Not a bicycle but tubes. Most tubes are very prone to punctures so I don't imaging this lasted very long.

Tubes hold the air. Tires hold the pressure, protect the tubes and give you some grip on the planet..

View attachment 214827
Motorized pedaloon for water cruising, like an aqua cycle.
7BA9A2D6-621F-4176-A8D6-233AA6983222.jpeg

White tires on kids bikes including the many Disney theme bikes are the worst. Skidding will shred through them very quickly. They rot fast, they wear out in just one kid's tenure on the bike. Zoom in and it looks like the casing threads are polyethylene instead of jute or cotton. Perhaps that's one reason the tread is separating so easily.

This was a NOS (new old stock) white tire still in the wrapper. Installed and aired up and it split open in just seconds. Never ridden. I got a full van load of bike parts from a bike shop that closed up. The entire bundle of white tires had rotted out sitting on the shelf for years.

Mosy my bikes as a kid were on may-pop tires but most my bikes now get new tires even if they don't really need them.

I have bought some old road bikes where the tires are just the threads with some rubber on the top.

On a repainted 16" kids bike of unknown brand. White tires are the worst.
rotted.tiires.16.disc (4).JPG

Not rotted but trashed. This is on a Huffy Princess. 12" tires on a little girls bike with training wheels. You know tires are bad when a 4 yo girl shreds them.

Huffy.Princess.SNHEZ10G13898 (2).JPG

Snapchat-181493812.jpg

Pew Pew! 👉👉 double blowouts.
It's sitting in the garage with a taco'ed back wheel. The '41 huffman in the middle is being rebuilt as a dragster klunk and the far away CWC Roadmaster had a really badly eaten frame and grew up to be a doner.

R.

Latest posts

Back