Motocross BMX Barn Finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went to check out a trike today that ended up to be junk and I ask the guy if he has any old bikes hangin around. Just to give you a picture of what prompted me to ask that, the place was riddled with various piles of sorted scrap metal, old cars, scooters,etc. all surrounding this humungous steel building. He says ya I got some old stuff lets go inside. Well the place was filled with olds cars mostly which was really cool because you wouldn't expect it looking at the place from the road. We made our way in the building about 200ft :shock: and he shows me this stuff.

A Rampar with a really neat looking fork and Sun rims dated 1978.
Bikes4139.jpg

Bikes4140.jpg

Bikes4141.jpg

Bikes4142.jpg

Bikes4149.jpg

Bikes4150.jpg

Bikes4151.jpg

Then this little beast, a Supercycle with very cool functional springs front and back.
Bikes4135.jpg

Bikes4136.jpg

Bikes4137.jpg

Bikes4138.jpg

And this 28" 60's CCM that I picked up for the bars and mudflap. Also has a Hercules rear hub.
Bikes4143.jpg

Bikes4144.jpg

Bikes4144.jpg

Bikes4147.jpg

I want to go back and pick this place again because I didn't see a fraction of it so who knows whats hiding in there but I was short on time.

Re: MX Barn Finds

COOL FINDS! is one of them a kids bike?

All three of those are really cool finds. I remember those Supercycles were everywhere. All the cool kids had one. Which of course, meant I never had one of my own (and I wanted one soooooo badly).

I also recall 'round about the same time there was a Supercycle BMX with flat black frame & Motomags. Like the motocross with shocks, I remember them being everywhere. They're very similar to the Mongoose, but they were branded Supercycle and sold at Canadian Tire. Considering the huge amount of them that were out there, you'd think one would eventually turn up at a garage sale or at the bike coops, but nope, I've not seen one since I was a kid.

Do any of you guys here remember those? It's possible I have them confused with the Mongoose, but I very distinctly remember them being a Canadian tire bike?

-Mp

Latest posts

Back