Motorcycle tires on bicycles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen where people have fit harley tires on rear occ stingray rims but has anyone found a motorcycle tire that will fit on the 24 inch front rim?

Hard to tell, since Motorcycles and cars use the rim size, and bikes use the tire size. A 20" bike rim is actually 16" for motorcycle tires.

i.e. a 20" BMX tire is ISO 406 (which means the rim seat is 406mm) and 16" = 406.4mm

24" tires are ISO 507, which is 20" so a narrow 20" motorcycle tire should fit.

26" tires are 559 which is a 22" motorcycle tire.

For the past couple days I've been looking at motorcycle drag racing tires for an idea I have for a build. But the problem I'm running into is the slick style of tire for front and rear don't come in a 24" diameter...... :(

KJV said:
FunkyStickman said:
26" tires are 559 which is a 22" motorcycle tire.

is this what will fit same as 2.125 ?
Well, that's the thing... moto tires are much wider than bike tires, even though the rim diameter might be the same. You can get a 22" moto tire on a 26" bike rim, but it will be very wobbly unless the rim is pretty wide. 2.15" wide tire is only 55mm, most moto tires are like 110 (4") or wider.

Try dirtbike tires. There is a shop by my house with tons of dirtbike tires out back. There are so many different sizes. I haven't tried any but I've thought about asking them if I can bring some wheels up there just to see what will fit.

ozzmonaut said:
Try dirtbike tires. There is a shop by my house with tons of dirtbike tires out back. There are so many different sizes. I haven't tried any but I've thought about asking them if I can bring some wheels up there just to see what will fit.
Was thinking of a dirt bike tire for the front of the stingray chopper and some on my sons murray 24x, going to check with a friend that has been into motorbikes since we was kids and see if he has any we can try

bump for reference

Back