Motorized Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

I was browsing the web searching for motorized bikes that I could actually afford and found a cheap and, if i were to be honest, crappy looking chinese motorized bike that I think Hugo already posted here... I started looking at it and found that, with a few cheap and easy mods I could make it a looker!!

How do you guys feel bout these bikes? Are they worth it, or should I stick to pedalling? If I was to stay "motorless" I have an Idea as to what I want to do to a (propper, not a diamond frame) cruiser frame: get a rear shock on it, cause even though I only did 900km in 10 months, my back is really killing me... :oops:

Anyways, here's the motorized bike as is, ...

Bina1.jpg

... and here it is with (most) of the mods I was planning (done with paint... I can't figure out how to work with photoshop :oops: )

umb.jpg

And, finally, a pic I got from the motorized bikes forum that gave me the idea for building a mono shock 26" cruiser

customshock.jpg

What do you guys think? engine or no engine?

See you all soon :wink:

what was the price on it ?

you could get a motor kit and throw it on any bike fo about $280, i do like that this one has a front disc brake tho, i would paint this bike in a heart beat too.

CCR said:
what was the price on it ?

you could get a motor kit and throw it on any bike fo about $280, i do like that this one has a front disc brake tho, i would paint this bike in a heart beat too.

The guy that's selling these bikes here is asking round 275€ for it... :x Problem is, around here (Portugal) I can't seem to find anyone selling just the kit.. I checked the prices at ebay and you're absolutely right, a cruiser in good nick plus a brand new 2 or even 4 stroke kit would set me back 200/300$ with one catch: shipping... :cry:

Back