Mounting a radio

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if anyone here has figured out a good system for mounting a pocket radio on their bike. I normally carry a small FM radio (Grundig M300) in my shirt pocket or fixed to the bars with a rubber band - not the greatest but works. Anyone have any other creative solutions?

havent tried it, but i see armband cases for mp3 players, should be able to make it work on top tube or stem somehow. also, look at cell phone cases at the dollar store, might find one the right size for your radio. maybe bend the beltloop piece around your bars,or be cool and drill a hole in it and use your stem bolt to hold it on. i believe there are bags made just for this purpose. i keep my mp3 in a cell case clipped into my hip pocket,if i separate from my bike for some reason, it stays with me and i dont have to take out earbuds everytime i get off bike. some bluetooth headphones would be sweet, but arent cheap enough yet. and the standard disclaimer, i choose a volume that lets me hear traffic and my kids for safetys sake.

they used to sell radios you attach to your bike, i see them on here every once in a while.

Thanks all - some good ideas. Love the Fahrradradios and wonder if they have a north american distributor

ive played around with mounting them under a seat before... i had a bananna seat on a stingray so it wasnt to hard for a radio. idk if thats any help

go to deal extreme .com they have bicycle cell phone mounts that bolt on your handlebars they should fit your radio and your ipod. :mrgreen:

ho bra check this

6742517_raw.jpg

works real good 9.00 on amazon

Try hunting around big garage sales and flea markets too. I just picked up this cool old lafayette am/fm a few weeks ago. Works fine, headphone jack, wrist strap and slides of the mount. Getting a little external antenna from radio shack tomorrow.
DSCN1163.jpg

petersen_museum said:
ho bra check this

6742517_raw.jpg

works real good 9.00 on amazon

I have a similar case for my MP3 player. I use it on my bike and also on my electric lift at work. I tried using headphones for both but it is better to be able to hear what is going on around you when operating a lift or riding a bike.

I used some ez-pass velcro to mount an am/fm radio to my top tube. works great but it depends on the size/shape of your radio.

Back