Mounting Fat 6V Battery In Tank?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I found an old siren in a box of junk I had. It came out of a cheapo Black & Decker burgler alarm kit. I thought about putting it on a bike but it said 12V. I decided to give it a try with a 6V lantern battery and Wow! :shock: It's labeled "120 db/meter" and it is ear splitting loud and does the whoop-whoop-whoop sound. Perfect!
DSC03935.jpg

So I opened up the tank to see if the battery would somehow fit inside, along with the horn unit already mounted in there. I did switch the horn unit and put one in that took only one battery to give me extra room.
DSC03934.jpg

DSC03933.jpg

It fits! Now, how do I mount this fat, heavy battery in there? I really don't want to drill any holes in the tank. I think I would probably drill a hidden hole or two in the frame for a bracket as I'm going to drill at least one hole for a grounding screw anyway. Give me some clever ideas on how to mount this battery. Gary

It's too heavy to suspend. Make a metal strap between the two tank brackets, ends of the strap bent around the brackets. Velcro the battery to the strap.

DSC03933.jpg

John you're a genius! 8) Looks like a painless mount that saves my tank and frame. I'll post another pic when I get it mounted. Kudos also to chimi for seconding the velcro idea. :wink: Gary

Latest posts

Back