Mozart.. oop! err.. I meant Monark bicycles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I am waiting for 1950's Monark (steel) frame to arrive at my door..
There's not a whole lot about them on internet like Schwinn..
My plan is.. just clean it up a bit add a custom paint job, wheels and tires and such..
I am not planning to chop up the frame or any other alteration to the frame..
I have searched for some ideas.. yet haven't gained anything..

Y'all whom built a Monark rat bikes.. please, show some pictures and story behind it..

I was hunting deer with my bow behind an old abandoned farm house and spotted a junk pile in the ravine near the house. Two junk bikes in the pile, both old ballooners. I helped myself to both. Here's the Monark just like I found it in the ravine.

I stripped it down, washed the frame good with hot soap and water, then clear coated it. Added parts I had laying around and came up with this. It rides real nice. Gary

I was hunting deer with my bow behind an old abandoned farm house and spotted a junk pile in the ravine near the house. Two junk bikes in the pile, both old ballooners. I helped myself to both. Here's the Monark just like I found it in the ravine.

I stripped it down, washed the frame good with hot soap and water, then clear coated it. Added parts I had laying around and came up with this. It rides real nice. Gary
That's awesome Gary... ya just never knows what pop up while out hunting

B6, that thing is PHENOMENAL. Its wicked cool you were able to clean it up and built it back to a rider., let alone the cool factor of finding it by happenstance out in the open air.

Finally got my frame today.. it is stripped down to bare metal..
Curious about what the original color was..

I knocked out bottom bracket cups and headset cups..
Well iit is hunter green or dark green in the bracket, kinda look like off-white to mint green in the headtube..

At least the frame is sound and straight, and it is perfect for build up.. Pictures soon will follow..

Onward to my Monark project
frame as I received..
IMG_20150310_154438_zpssubxproh.jpg

IMG_20150310_154316_zpsp4rwqzgz.jpg

repainted and installed the chain guard
IMG_20150505_150201_zpsju8z2wmd.jpg

nice 'Krate' styled pedals.. crank is from Huffy as well the kickstand..
remounted the badge, replace spring nuts with better cap nuts with lotsa locktite..
IMG_20150505_150126_zps4hg6k9oy.jpg

now waiting on chain
IMG_20150505_150049_zpsu4jsixtu.jpg

just can't wait... more to follow

Last edited:
Looks great , very nice:eek:

Back