Mr Boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a few pics of my uk style Boardtrack builds we tend to go with the traditional style as Its hard for us to buy bikes or parts from the usa so we have to work with what we have overhere. Pity as we all share the same intrest and our moneys just as good.

26" Raleigh middleweight I imported the frame set from the usa and converted it in the uk.

IMGP1324.jpg

A German build 20" Puch mini sprint. Found in the uk converted and ridden in the London New yrs day parade.

IMGP1367.jpg

On the wall of the River Thames embankment after the parade

IMGP1364.jpg

My 1st custom build. Using 2 uk built Trades bikes and splicing the front and rear together to build the frame. Springer forks are from Ridelow a uk import company for custom parts.

IMGP0151.jpg

IMGP0150-1.jpg

Welcome, Brother. Nothing like flipping the bars over.

Here I am talking like an old hand and haven't even ridden mine yet.

I love the first one the most. Awesome Avatar, too.

I want that BSA sprocket on that last bike. lol. Wouldn't you get a better deal buying stuff from the US since the pound is alot more then the dollar?

Pinche said:
I want that BSA sprocket on that last bike. lol. Wouldn't you get a better deal buying stuff from the US since the pound is alot more then the dollar?
:D Its the postage thats the killer! I think a bunch of us from Europe should head over to the US and fill a container with bikes and parts 8) !!

Pinche said:

I have another bsa crankarm set if your intrested.

Sellers in the usa seem unintrested in shipping to the uk. Or they over inflate the shipping price to put us off from buying. Its a real pity we cant all help each other. I really wanted the Firestone bike being sold by murrymadman until he quoted $400 dollars to ship. Funny as when i priced it it worked out at $196.

mr boardtracker said:
Sellers in the usa seem unintrested in shipping to the uk. Or they over inflate the shipping price to put us off from buying. Its a real pity we cant all help each other. I really wanted the Firestone bike being sold by murrymadman until he quoted $400 dollars to ship. Funny as when i priced it it worked out at $196.

Hmmm . . . $400 sounds pretty legit to me. The FedEx "Economy" prices I get range from around $380 to $440 depending on bike box size. Maybe there is more info I'm not privy to or perhaps you know of a budget shipping company but it doesn't seem fair to me to publicly speculate about the motives of a seller in this case.

bebanovich said:
mr boardtracker said:

Hmmm . . . $400 sounds pretty legit to me. The FedEx "Economy" prices I get range from around $380 to $440 depending on bike box size. Maybe there is more info I'm not privy to or perhaps you know of a budget shipping company but it doesn't seem fair to me to publicly speculate about the motives of a seller in this case.

Its a public msg board and iam entitled to my freedom of speech.
The costing i recived was for per box as it couldnt be shipped as a complete cycle due to size and weight.

mr boardtracker said:

It's a moderated board which means your freedoms (or lack thereof) are delineated here: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5566

In any case the point wasn't a legal one but more about civility. I'm not a board moderator nor an arbiter of good taste so I'll get out of your thread now.

bebanovich said:
mr boardtracker said:

It's a moderated board which means your freedoms (or lack thereof) are delineated here: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5566

In any case the point wasn't a legal one but more about civility. I'm not a board moderator nor an arbiter of good taste so I'll get out of your thread now.

Your reading far to much into my comment, Which wasnt anything to do with being uncivil. It was just a constructive comment. The thing i notice about this board is, Any transactions are listed publicly and then finalised via pm msg's. Why the secrecy ?????
We dont conduct buisness like that on uk msg boards.

mr boardtracker said:
Your reading far to much into my comment, Which wasnt anything to do with being uncivil. It was just a constructive comment. The thing i notice about this board is, Any transactions are listed publicly and then finalised via pm msg's. Why the secrecy ?????
We dont conduct buisness like that on uk msg boards.

Point taken. I Imagine transactions are finalized behind closed doors for a number of reasons. I've seen boards where people actually delete asking prices once an item is sold to "protect the integrity of the market." I really don't think much - if any - of that kind of thinking goes on here.

It could be Yank etiquette. Many, if not most, consider it rude to ask questions about monetary value (ie. "How much did you pay for that?" or "What's your salary?"). Cultural quirk, I suppose. I know such folkways sometimes seem bizarre from the outside. When I lived in England I always seemed to be offending someone with something but maybe it was just my ex and her family who were offended. :wink:

I also think there is a convenience factor to using PM's. Once the connection is made, it's easier to exchange details and pleasantries back-and-forth without clogging the original thread (like maybe I'm doing now :)).

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Back