Mrs. Goodwrench

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my entry in RRBBO2

An estrogen model Monkey Wards cruiser which was given to me by a coworker a couple of years ago. I do not think it has 10 miles use on it.

I am building this ride for my wife, a long time Dale Earnhardt fan. Appropriately it will have 3 speeds.

Best of luck to all builders.

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Dude, check your PM's.

Oh, I don't think we're supposed to post in this thread either.

"He did it first Steve!" LOL

I've been shoppin'

Decals and stickers

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

Headset

IMG_0133.jpg

Here is the wheel/tire combo

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

The fork

IMG_0125.jpg

Grips from a friend in Michigan :)

IMG_0127.jpg

That's all for now.

What is that tire and what size is it? I've been looking for an adult sized slick for awhile now....Kelly

Wow, I guess the tires are sort of popular. LOL

They are Bontrager Hank tires, 26x2.2. They are a dual compound tread design, harder in the middle for durability and softer on the edges for grip.

They roll fast (rated for 80 psi) and are super quiet. The label and white lettering is on both sides of the tire too.

I have also seen them with a red stripe around the edge of the tread, similar to that one model of Electra tire (Retro Runner?).

Chainy, they were actually on my K2 Rat in Oakville in July if you remember seeing the tires on that.

62Higgins said:
Wow, I guess the tires are sort of popular. LOL

They are Bontrager Hank tires, 26x2.2. They are a dual compound tread design, harder in the middle for durability and softer on the edges for grip.

They roll fast (rated for 80 psi) and are super quiet. The label and white lettering is on both sides of the tire too.

I have also seen them with a red stripe around the edge of the tread, similar to that one model of Electra tire (Retro Runner?).

And they are also available in a 2.5" width too! This may be a good wide tire option for frames that won't clear a 3" tire.

-Mp

I don't think there will be any mock up pics before next weekend. I am out of town again this week for work.

It was good fortune that the trip is near a town with my favorite race collectable shop, which is where I found all the stickers and decals.

I had hoped to get the headset in and the fork mounted up this weekend, but did not have time.

My enthusiasm for the rest of this build is in the crapper.

I have been out of town for the last 2 weeks on a work assignment. This morning I get the dreaded lecture from my wife (who this bike is supposed to be for) about "too many bikes in the basement, just get rid of them, you only need 1 bike" blah blah blah.

Then I find out the whole thing is because she wants a hair salon built in that area of the basement, which is fine, it might even make us some money. But why do I need to get rid of the "kids" to do it?

I may $h!*can the whole project or find an appropriate mens frame and continue the build for my son, who would actually appreciate it (and more importantly, ride it) when it's done.

Anybody looking for a '68 brunette?

Back