Mrs. Murray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The wife want's a new bike so I picked her up an 80's 24" Murray to build as she wants.. guess what color she picked?? :roll:

I got started on the painting today...

IMG_20101008_190630.jpg

You will find that painted spokes are hard to lace without scraping off the paint. I have done it a couple times and its a bear each time I have. :lol: Good luck.

I know, when we were kids we ran em on our BMX's cause that showed you were leet and could lace wheels 8)

I cheat and touch them up with a brush when I'm done. there not perfect but from 3 feet you cant tell..

scrumblero said:
I know, when we were kids we ran em on our BMX's cause that showed you were leet and could lace wheels 8)

I cheat and touch them up with a brush when I'm done. there not perfect but from 3 feet you cant tell..
nice! u learned to lace wheels when u were a kid? props to you! sometmes i wonder whats happening with todays youth, i mean most of the kids in my neighborhood dont even own a bike, but everyone has the latest technologichally advanced gadget available on the market.

we used to ride hard on 28 spoke stingray wheels. my dad swapped my first couple chipped out rims, then made me learn so he didn't have to do it... :roll:

I've been slowly piecing it together and before I knew it it was done... I might have to cut the seat mast down some though.. :roll:

IMG_20101021_125011.jpg

IMG_20101021_124955.jpg

DOH! :oops:

well I flipped the clamp and only had to shave an inch off the stay to get her comfy on it.. now to get her to ride it further than the neighbors... :roll:

I was at the thrift store and found this funky old Hong Kong lantern light thing for $3.00... Made a bracket and converted it to LED for her headlight..

IMG_20101024_194207.jpg

Back