mtb rims fit a cranbrook frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think my cranbrook rims are warpped and i wa wondering if i can put a mtb rims on the my issue is i just bought some tires for the cranbrook rims 26x2.230 tires size do i have to get a certain size of mtb rims thanks

They should work, I have done several similar builds just make sure you have a way to mount brakes if you're doing away with the coaster brakes.

You may also try to true the wheels, plenty of tutorials on YouTube. I have made a truing stand from an old fork and just eyeball it or use a zip tie as a guide.

outskirtscustoms said:
They should work, I have done several similar builds just make sure you have a way to mount brakes if you're doing away with the coaster brakes.

You may also try to true the wheels, plenty of tutorials on YouTube. I have made a truing stand from an old fork and just eyeball it or use a zip tie as a guide.

The rims are the same diameter, and should be similar in terms of bead-to-bead width. The rear hub on the mtb wheel will likely be far wider than you Cranbrook's rear spacing will allow, so you'll probably have to spread the frame. There's a couple different methods and a lot of info online about doing this, but beware: most ppl mess it up. And if you're putting a 135mm hub into a very cheap 110mm frame, you can expect problems long-term.

Back