Murrarium

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, after more than three years i consider this project finished :) It is crazy how much time it takes, but so it is when you start making bikes professionally. You constantly lack time for your own projects being busy with clients bikes. However, this one is finally done. I have already taken this bike to a show in March, it was shown at Kustom Konwent Wroclaw, but it was lacking a shifter and the 3cc Shimano hub acted as a single speed. However now it is all wired up and connected and works reasonably fine, except the brakes could have been a little stronger. But i guess for a 40 years old hub that's okay.

IMG_9348.jpg

IMG_9349.jpg

The bike now features new Hunt Wilde grips, China style bell, original 1980's Shimano cable clamps and a set of Electra tires. I was initially going to clean the white walls up, but i kind of liked how they look now. Though i may change my mind later and make them shine white again.

IMG_9355.jpg

IMG_9356.jpg

IMG_9357.jpg

Another thing i have changed is a NOS Worksman branded Persons seat that i have replaced with a similar style but slightly used Persons seat. I believe the slightly worn saddle looks better with this slightly beaten up bike.

IMG_9353.jpg

Well, the issue is that to get this seat i have bought myself another Murray bike. So instead of having one project less i have another Murray for my Murrarium. This time is one of the latest of them all, i believe it should date somewhere around 1989 or so. I like the color of it, but not the condition. I may replace the wheel set here and do a simple and quick restoration.

IMG_9359.jpg

Excellent work on all of these. It's so cool that you have been able to scour the continent, uncover these, and breathe new life into them.

Back