Murray Beach Comber/AMC VII

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey so dumb question: when I click that link it says the build-off is over at noon on July 1st using Cornwall, Ontario time. It also says that Cornwall is in the same time zone as Hagerstown, MD and Chambersburg, PA, where I am now, which would be Eastern time. In the Rules post, it says the Build-off STARTS at 12:00 AM Central time. Does the build-off end at noon Eastern time or noon Central time? Not trying to be a bozo, but if I recall, people have actually missed the deadline in the past by that small an amount.
  • The Build Off #18 will begin at 12 am North American Central Time on May 1st, 2023 and Final finished bike photos must be posted in the “Finished Bikes” thread by 12 noon on July 31st, 2023.

It started in central time and it will end in central time

hey so dumb question: when I click that link it says the build-off is over at noon on July 1st using Cornwall, Ontario time. It also says that Cornwall is in the same time zone as Hagerstown, MD and Chambersburg, PA, where I am now, which would be Eastern time. In the Rules post, it says the Build-off STARTS at 12:00 AM Central time. Does the build-off end at noon Eastern time or noon Central time? Not trying to be a bozo, but if I recall, people have actually missed the deadline in the past by that small an amount.

Let me confer with other admins, but shoulld be CDT. @Captain Awesome ?

Iggy set it from his locale in Eastern Canada. That is prob why. We've always used CDT USA time since Steve the godfather o RRB was from Texas.

Central time
I fixed the counter we still change time in spring

good evening
IMG_2911.JPG

IMG_2919.JPG
IMG_2905.JPG

Now that I've done it once, I may just re-do the whole panel eventually with a little more attention to the process. I know there's a "correct" way to finish wood and paint lettering on it and seal over the top of it, I just didn't take the time to research and figure out what it was. The panel wasn't terribly hard to cut out, and that was the hardest part, so I won't feel too bad about redoing it. The only other difficulty was figuring out the clamps/hangers and now that's done.

Based on my experience with this build, I now want to do wood panels in the shape of a slimline tank for both of these cruisers.
20190930_072937.jpg
20200531_214358.jpg

Since the word Schwinn is right there on the top tube, I'd have to figure out a good design to put on there. I think more lettering would make it look too busy.

Killer 60s vibe with this build. The graphics and aging are spot on and that peanut tank panel is awesome!
Great woody vibe without going full Family Truckster mode.
Beautiful build!

Started our vacation in Ocean City, MD today. This place is right across the main drag from where we are staying.
IMG_2983.jpeg

I am hoping to get some sunrise pics on the boardwalk and sunset pics on the bay, but I couldn’t resist ripping a couple off right away…
IMG_3006 Copy.jpeg
IMG_2989.jpeg

Back it up to a dune with the sand up behind it.

Back