Murray BMX Cruiser?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look like a 20" to me. Around here you rarely find anything under $50 on CL unless it's a 16" girls bike. I'd give it a look.

Sorry man...that's a fake ad.

What you're really looking at is a 1982 26" Quicksilver BMX cruiser that is in the BMX Museum.

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/quicksilver/15230

Someone has used that same pic several times in the past with these fake ads.

Chances are it's someone trying to drive the local BMX flippers crazy. :roll:

That really blows, I love BMX cruisers. I recently got a 24" Mosh Method and I love it.

Ask for some pics of the actual bike and see what they say, then flag them for spamming.

Rat Rod said:
Sorry man...that's a fake ad.

What you're really looking at is a 1982 26" Quicksilver BMX cruiser that is in the BMX Museum.

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/quicksilver/15230

Someone has used that same pic several times in the past with these fake ads.

Chances are it's someone trying to drive the local BMX flippers crazy. :roll:
Well now that's a bummer! :x
Thanks for letting me know, you saved me an argument w/ the spousal unit!
(Another marriage saved by a hair!) :wink:

It's unfortunate that a few knuckleheads have to ruin CraigsList around here.

Greed makes a man do evil deeds. :x

Rat Rod said:
It's unfortunate that a few knuckleheads have to ruin CraigsList around here.

Greed makes a man do evil deeds. :x

It's the same here in the San Antonio/Austin area. Heck, someone used YOUR pic of a Ratfink and said it was for sale in Austin a couple times. :?

Rat Rod said:
Here's another fake ad this morning...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bik/2204942045.html

The guy Julio and his twin brother over in Keller post a lot of these. :roll:

Go ahead and flag em when you see em. :wink:
I thought Julio/twin bro were the "flippers". What do they gain from posting these fake ads? I'm confused how this would be beneficial to them, or anyone for that matter?

The problem with all of these guys is that they all compete against each other and they all make each other mad.

I think they post these fake ads to see who will respond to them and also to drive the competition crazy.

The problem with Julio's fake ads is that he types them in all caps and misspells everything just like in his regular ads....ha ha!

His broken English gives him away every time. :lol:

Well that's just low down and mean, toying w/ the common folk like me! :lol:
Now I'm going to have to go build my own cheap/imitation/rip-off copy since these two ads have gotten my brain juices to flowin'.
I'd love to gain back the sense of freedom that I had while riding my late-70 something Huffy BMX w/ the double gooseneck and heavy gauge spoke rims. Loved that bike, not so much for its capabilities, but rather for where it could carry me.
Let's see...I need handlebars, a decent stem and an inexpensive set of forks...perhaps I'll splurge and get a three piece crank too.
Any suggestions?

26"...way to big for anything smaller!

Back