Murray BMX finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found these on CL today, and got them for next to nothing. Anybody know if they're worth anything at all?
2 1984 Murray BMX bikes:
A very complete track certified:
DSCN0189-1.jpg

DSCN0190.jpg

DSCN0194.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

DSCN0196.jpg

And a less complete street system (missing pedals, caliper brakes, seat, pads)
DSCN0204.jpg

DSCN0203-1.jpg

DSCN0209.jpg

They look like they will clean up easily.

I know that you can still buy the NOS pad sets for these bikes on a lot of the old school BMX sites.

they are worth something to someone that had one as a kid. i bought a track certified for $10 in just as good as shape. i had a hard time selling the frame for $5! you should be able to get at least, i mean the very least $45 -$50 a bike. they are the equivilent to the walgooses now. department store bikes.still cool though.

That sounds about right. I got the track one for $15 and the street one for $5, so whatever, they're cool looking little bikes. I'm not really a bmx guy anyway, I just thought they'd be fun... I'm cleaning up the street one right now, put an old GT seat I had lying around on it, looking to see if I have a decent set of pedals anywhere... Probably just use it to bomb around town in the spring. Thanks for the input, guys!

cool finds! as far as being worth $, they're not up there with the haros, gt's, redlines or other brands of the 80's. but they are good solid frames. the v-bars are cool. it looks like you have an old GT tire on one of them. ride them around as beaters...

old school 64: I totally missed that when I posted that pic! :oops:
hutch: It is an old GT tire, but it's shot. Dry rotted and won't hold air.

johnny nightwolf said:
old school 64: I totally missed that when I posted that pic! :oops:.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: That's the funniest thing in a long time! :wink: Those are cool little runners! Saw a Diamondback Silverstreak like mine that some guy mounted a weedeater to and drilled the heck out of the frame! :x :x :idea: :idea: :idea:
L8 EM

Not a problem..got a laugh out of it actually..on the topic of the bikes, I am not much into bmx, but I did find a "GT" out here at the local goodwill, complete for $5, robbed the wheels and sold all the rest for $45..i love bikes !!!

johnny nightwolf said:
old school 64: I totally missed that when I posted that pic! :oops:
hutch: It is an old GT tire, but it's shot. Dry rotted and won't hold air.

Started messing around with the Street System one yesterday. Here's what I've got:
Peeled all the decals off, polished everything, new chrome chain, replaced bent bolt in seat post clamp with quick release, put on Peg Bundy foot pegs and some new pedals. I have a set of black vinyl pads and some new gumwalls coming over the next few days.
DSCN0213.jpg
DSCN0214.jpg

I'm kinda late to this thread, but if the grips on the first bike are Oakley F-1's (look like they might be)and they are in good shape, they are worth more than you paid for both bikes.

Back