Murray Paint Codes (or close match)?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to find a paint code or equiv for my early 50's Murray. Does anyone have any ideas how I can match the paint for a new fender that I want to install? I really don't want to end up painting the whole bike with a new color/paint. Thanks!

I have found with most bikes , its hard to match 40 year old paint. If someone had some of the color your looking for it would be a new paint and up against old paint it still wouldnt match. Paint places can sometimes mix you something that will be close,but don't expect there to be a spray can that will. :cry:

That's kind of what I was thinking, yah. I did find a maroon that looks close but I bet that I end up re-painting the entire bike.

find a car with a really close color and pull the code from that...
or take something the color you need and start looking through rattle cans to get something close(between testors,duplicolor,rustolium,krylon,and who knows what else someone will have something close) you may have to blend into the fork and headtube(or rear triangle) though but thats easy enough....
auto paints arent gonna be cheap especially if you have to have someone tint it,mix it, shoot it, and possibly clear it

sensor said:
find a car with a really close color and pull the code from that...
or take something the color you need and start looking through rattle cans to get something close(between testors,duplicolor,rustolium,krylon,and who knows what else someone will have something close) you may have to blend into the fork and headtube(or rear triangle) though but thats easy enough....
auto paints arent gonna be cheap especially if you have to have someone tint it,mix it, shoot it, and possibly clear it
Thanks. I'm hoping to get a paint setup in the spring. I guess I can start with the fender that I'm going to try and match and if it stands out too much, just redo the rest.

Back