Murray Westport build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a chronicle of my latest build. I scored this bike a few years back for around $10-15$. The first pic. is not the actual bike, but is the exact model and paint color. The paint was faded very badly, so I thought I'd give it the treatment. I painted then installed some fastback bars,
decals, block pedals, and a schwinn springer seat. The bike rides great and I am very happy with the outcome. This bike was actually made in the U.S.A to my surprise.

Murry_westport_28784141_std.jpg

billmurray2.jpg

billmurray003.jpg

billmurray004.jpg

billmurray005.jpg

billmurray006.jpg

Sweet ride! It looks like you're going with a pirate-theme, in which case I have a suggestion:

My son has a repro of a gold pirate coin (Piece of Eight). Something like that might make a cool headbadge.

wow, alot of us here have a westport in our collection.

IMG_0786.jpg

mine is a 93'. put those pseudo fenders on my wife's hawthorne build up bike and i think i'm gonna redo mine like an orange creme bar, orange with white rims and blackwalls.

anyways... like what you did with you westport. really like seeing other peoples takes on bikes that i own the same model of. a new set of tires would look cool. i have those same tires, must be original.

I've noticed Murray used the same sprocket design for decades -- Like the sprocket on my '63 spaceliner is identical to the one on my '82 BMX... and of course here it is again on the Westport :D

As for the Westport Rats, I suggest you all do these up in the pirate theme and call yourselves the Porte West Trading Company 8)

New member & needing a little guidance as to where i may find a sprocket and pedal crank for my westport. any help is appreciated

3 wheeled wolfy said:
This was made in the 90's?
Early 80s thru the early 90s.
I have a womans for the wifey to ride to the store, she complained it was "wiggly," with her that could mean the frame has broken and it still rides!
So I took it to the store for our daily needs, almost threw it in a trash can and walked! The woman's frame is weak as a kitten.
Currently in search of a replacement; stay tuned!

Back