murray???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have what I believe is a Murray tank bike from the 60's but not 100% positive. Anyone know what this bike is? model?
The pic is not of my bike but has the same rear rack (mine's complete though) and front piece on the fork. Frame's the same w/ the chrome chain guard on it. It reads vanguard in red and white letters. It has a red and white seat w/ the grab bar on it and the same chrome tank that splits open w/ a horn. The fork has a letter M on it... similar to the murray logo.

frmurrayt1.jpg
I'll post some pics of my acutal bike soon. thanks for the help!

Very similar to a Murray Meteor Flite that I have, save for the rear carrier. Mine is stamped. But, the tank, chain guard and frame look the same. The truss is similar, but a somewhat different shape, though.

I still can't identify the model but it has the murray logo on it for sure and it's definitely from the 60's. I didn't see anything w/ the word "vanguard" writen on the chain guard but it looks very similar to some of the bikes on the catalog. Thanks for all the help though! I atleast know it's a Murray bike. I appreciate the pics link!!!

Back