Murray,...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this Murray Westport a couple of nights ago for a wapping 30 bucks, frame and fork are mint, no dents and perfectly straight, super nice riding bike. I put the cream Felt Circuit tires on it and the laid back post and seat on it. I trued the rims and put on new rim strips, they polished up like new with no pitting at all. I'll be honest with you, I am really impressed with how well this bike was built, everything is dead straight on it, been polishing all the chrome but the original owner (who I bought it from) did an aweful respray of the frame at some point, looks like he wiped it down with Armorall before he started rattle canning it, fisheyed like nobody's business. Haven't decided what color to paint it yet but she'll probably be taken down to bare metal to do so. Extremely happy with what I have invested.

Real nice Murray, don't forget to save the numbers on it because it would be nice to help in future references including the silver decal above the bottom bracket.

The decals or at least some on these bikes have numbers that can be used at Sears Parts Direct, the one left from my 94 Monterey was the chain guard decal had a number on it when I searched S.P.D. they had some but I havn't tried to get one yet since I don't have a credit card to use there.

I just love these bikes, the 80's & older Murray's that have the pointed dropouts are heavier than the ones with these dropouts are.

kngtmat said:
Real nice Murray, don't forget to save the numbers on it because it would be nice to help in future references including the silver decal above the bottom bracket.

The decals or at least some on these bikes have numbers that can be used at Sears Parts Direct, the one left from my 94 Monterey was the chain guard decal had a number on it when I searched S.P.D. they had some but I havn't tried to get one yet since I don't have a credit card to use there.

I just love these bikes, the 80's & older Murray's that have the pointed dropouts are heavier than the ones with these dropouts are.
Thanks, I'd be curious to find out what year but haven't been able to find much info on Murray serial numbers. I like it alot, its a cool bike for sure. Serial on the head stem is J0103539

There isn't much info for the 80's & 90's Murray's.

I don't know that but the stem looks older than the bike usually has because, it should have a design of little slot indentations like the one in the pic I provide below which would be a Wald 3144.

DeRusetedStem4.jpg

Any more numbers?

Headtube numbers should start with MO then a letter, If it has a silver decal above the bottom bracket which should start with 502 with the last two numbers should be the year.

Latest posts

Back