MuscleBeachChopper(ette)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I couldn't wait for the 'good' pics so I snapped a couple of 'crappy' ones with my phone on my way out the door.

I was going to have vinyl decals made of the 'Sara-Kate' custom graphics, then Fireproof challenged me to paint them instead. Well, I couldn't say no to a challenge, right? :mrgreen: Especially when he was supplying the paint mask!

So........here ya go.
iPhone013.jpg

iPhone014.jpg

The 'Schwinn' is a decal (got it with the ones on the tank). There's a little 'ghosting' were the mask lifted on me (my fault for not double checking before pulling the trigger). Overall, I give it a A-/B+.

I've got to give a 'shout out' to axsepul for assisting with the initial design and Fireproof for the encouragement.

Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Excellent work! That should look great with the tank.

LOOKING GOOD DOC!! I LOVE THOSE DECALS. WHERE ARE YOU GUYS GETTING THIS STUFF FROM?!? I JUST MOVED AND CAN'T FIND ANY OF MY TOOLS!!! I'VE GOT A PAIR OF PLIERS ,A PHILLIPS AND A BUTTER KNIFE!! OH CRAP!! 2 WEEKS TO GO!! :x AARRGGHH(CHARLIE BROWN YELL) ... I GOTTA GET TA BUILDIN'!! :mrgreen: PEACE

Re: MuscleBeachChopper(ette) - it's a roller!

First, a few more shots of the chainguard..
masked off

DSCF2964.jpg

DSCF2965.jpg

and a better quality finished shot
DSCF2966.jpg

now to the roller shots
DSCF2967.jpg

seat tube decal
DSCF2968.jpg

got a question for y'all, should I leave the front fender whole or trim the back short to 'match' the rear?
front
DSCF2970.jpg

rear
DSCF2971.jpg

both for comparison
DSCF2969.jpg

I can try to take a straight on side shot tomorrow, if that helps.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Here is my thought, it may not help though. I like the way the front fender is, but since the rear fender is shorter, I would probably trim the front. I would have to be there to really decide but it all comes down to your own gut feeling :D

OR ? What about rolling the rear backwards a bit to match the front but I agree with Craiggo would need to see it side on first, nice work as usual though Doc :D

Maybe instead of matching both end ends of the fenders, try to match the end of the front fender to the start of the rear fender? That way they are on the same height were they face each other.

Thanks forthe input guys, gonna take a pic of the side of it tonight and see what to do from there. I had the rear on there 'sweeper style' but it looked a little too 'DIY' forthe look of this one.
I think I'm gonna drill new holes in the rear braces to try to pull it closer to the tire too.

If I end up trimming the front, I'm probably going to use a fastening system like this (not my idea, shamelessly stolen :mrgreen: ) on either the fork legs or the truss rods.
rrfssq5y.jpg

tin,
yeah, her eyes lit up when she finally saw the roller last night. Got more than a few 'Thank you Daddy! Thank you!'s, have to say, that moment was the best I ever felt working on a bike.

Cheers,
Dr. T

That's going to be a serious girls bike! Hope your daughter has the attitude to go with the bike! LOL (just kidding) I'll bet she's gonna love it! You'll have to take pics of the maiden voyage!

This bike is looking great :D I really like the truss rods on the triple tree. The colors are cool too. 8)

Re: MuscleBeachChopper(ette) - EPIC lighting failure!

Well, there's no pictures, but I tried setting up my lighting last night. Without going into any blood-pressure raising explanations, I need to 'reboot' my brain on this.

I'm not sure, at this point, if the build will be 'lit'. Wish me good luck and clearer thinking......

Cheers,
Dr. T

Latest posts

Back