My 10 y/o's first "build" & my Sears

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You've go to be proud when your 10 year old comes up to you and says "Dad....I've got an idea for that black chopper bike....."

I picked up another small new Stingray bike for $5 because the front wheel was bent and the rear fender was mangled. He thought It would be cool to put the Stingray wheels & tires on the Torker to give it "a meaner look". We still need to get a different seat post to scoot him back a bit but here's what the end result was:

And here's my Sears.... I picked up an older 6v headlight/taillight/generator set that says its Schwinn Approved and Made in Germany for $10 and put it on my baby. It's not wired yet but what do you think?

That is a cool story from a mini-RRBer! The end result is cool too. MO FATTA MO BETTA

I like your Spaceliner too. I haven't seen one in gold before.

kingfish254 said:
That is a cool story from a mini-RRBer! The end result is cool too. MO FATTA MO BETTA

I like your Spaceliner too. I haven't seen one in gold before.

Thank you much! He's already planning another "swap" and some paintwork on the WCC bike we got recently.

I forgot to add the front view of the Spaceliner......

I like the headlight but cant stand the fact that it looks crooked. I cant rotate it either due to the housing!! :x

I'm surprised there isn't some way to rotate the lens
on your headlight.

From the pattern on the glass I can tell
it's supposed to project an elliptical beam.
The lines should definitely be running north to south.

I wonder if the lens is loose enough to grab it with some leather palmed
gloves and twist it to the right orientation.

spectratone said:
I'm surprised there isn't some way to rotate the lens
on your headlight.

From the pattern on the glass I can tell
it's supposed to project an elliptical beam.
The lines should definitely be running north to south.

I wonder if the lens is loose enough to grab it with some leather palmed
gloves and twist it to the right orientation.
I remember I tried something to it but it didn't work. And to be honest, I haven't messed with it in awhile. Been too busy with building REAPER and other stuff now. If the weather hmds out, I may get it back out to ride it down to the barber shop in a few days and might try messing with it then.

Latest posts

Back