my 2011 winter project ( the gangster ) basicly finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres a shot of wy winter project . Its a low ridin burrito style bike . it all started with an old sissy bar i had layin around . I cut up the sissy bar and turned it into the front part of my home made springer front end . Im having trouble thinking of a paint job . although black with red rims looks good it is quite overdone , oddly enough i never see any bikes that colour around here in my town . oh well ... i,ll come up with something .

I was determined to build some kind of lowrider . After a quick ride on Scrappy Rons burrito ( from FBN ) i got inspired to build this bike ... Thanks Ron

I,m just taking my time and kinda going with the flow , and having fun with it .

gangster1.jpg

and here it is basicly finished ( you can vote for this bike if you are a member of freakbikenation ) http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... =84&t=3514

rear-right-1.jpg

Re: my 2011 winter project ( the gangster )

good lookin. we need more pic's. keep it coming.

Outlaw

Thats friggin fat!
The name of the bike only gives you a few colors to choose. I wouldn't go with flat black, Matt black then rub it with a fiber cloth to shin it up in key spots. Flat white w/ loud pin striping would look good too. Keep the red rims, they look good on everything.

Thats Bad.......show us more detail!

awsome build! strangley enough i kinda like it raw. if you got rid of the red paint up front and put a clear coat on it. it would be sweet in my book. but you cant go wrong with any color on this frame!
:D awsome

ok ... heres a few pics ... kinda as i went along

the begining concept ( nothing is welded together here )
CIMG1291.jpg

the sissy bar that gave me the idea to make the springer front end
CIMG1316.jpg

CIMG1317.jpg

my handle bars
pinkbars1.jpg

pinkbars3.jpg

i didn,t want the chain going around the tubes so i made a wide rear end
backend1.jpg

heres the mockup of my spring seat and the aluminum replacement
CIMG1333.jpg

gangster2.jpg

fork ends ( not finished yet , unlill i know everything else is good )
CIMG1346.jpg

closer view of the top of the springer ( made out of a pair of handle bar necks )
and the LED converted light i made
CIMG1348-1.jpg

bike from the front
CIMG1348.jpg

me cruising the main drag , racing for pink slips , telling all the Harley guys to get a real bike .

it kinda sounds like this .

blug blug blug blagug blug blug blagug blug blug blug gaSCREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAACCCCCCHHHHHHHH

CIMG1351.jpg

Dr. Tankenstein said:
This is a awesome burrito dude. Love the springer and the 'fuel' tank :wink:

Cheers!
Dr. T

ya know , i don,t really like " FAKE " fuel tanks . This is a water bottle and it does get filled with water .
when i held it up to the bike it just looked " so right " i had to put it there . It think it really brings outthe look of the springer .

Thanks everyone . I,ll post some more once i get a colour scheme worked out .

Sweet burrito!

The lines and drops remind me of Kenny P's Ratty JC Higgins burrito.

Do your feet hit the front wheel if you make a tight turn?

Joe

there is a whole lot of great ideas going on here! :mrgreen: one of the better burritos ive seen in awhile. really great work! :D

ok i,m gonna try to get everyones questions here

chaunceysj....me too i keep looking at it thinking raw metal would look kinda cool

yeshoney....i think i might have seen the bike you are talking about..and trust me ..it won,t make a tight turn .
i,m using a small crank to keep pedaling comfortable ... no my feet won,t hit the wheel

masterpoop....hows it goin

that Dude is sic. you have taken my breath away. these are my fav bikes. i was lucky to have gotten in on the movement of these and the name. as soon as i get into my new house and get my shop up and running i'll finnish this one.

ELGRANDECHOPPA009.jpg

lets see more pic's of this. AWSOME.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Back