my 2011 winter project ( the gangster ) basicly finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: my 2011 winter project ( the gangster ) update jan-30

ok ... i had to do something with the rims and frame ( paintwise )
i found this tacky 1930,s shade of green that i think looks kinda .
so heres what i got so far . ( think i,m gonna paint the spokes white or biege , like old wooden spokes )

gangster-black.jpg

EXCELLENT choice of colors!......For an EXCELLENT build!

8) me likes :shock:

i used that color back in the 50's on a black bike for the rims. i like it.

Outlaw

thanks ...

i really didn,t want to go with red ( not that i don't like it ... i just wanted something a bit different )
when i seen that old shade of green spray paint at the hardware store , i had to get it .
and i,m glad i remembered....and found .... the set of old white grips i had burried in the garage .
i think they look ok on there .

thanks guys .

i was asked what i used for the ends of the bars .
... the brass ends you are asking about are ( 1 inch copper plumbing caps ) and then just some cut up 1 inch copper tube over the bar part of the inner part of the grips .

i just wrapped the bars with black hockey tape untill it was a tight fit for the caps and then just pushed them on ,

Thank you once again everyone . there are still a few minor things i need to do , but now i,m basicly just waiting for some nice weather so i can take it for a good ride .

although i was already building the GANGSTER , this was my entry for the freakbikenation grande burrito build-off .
if you are a member of FBN , you can vote for THE GANGSTER , or any of the other fine bikes that were built .
you can vote here
http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... =84&t=3514

The bike is looking great. Wondering about the handlebar set up. Can we get some detaul pictures of it? I think that is looking interesting.

your bike is great!!i just had to say that!the only thing i'm not totally sure about is the box on the back.the colour scheme is really cool,so different from the usual.i'm definitely going to build a burrito when i've finished my current project. :D

Just wanted to let you guys know that The Gangster took FIRST PLACE in the FBN Grande Burrito Build Off! Diceman pretty much dominated in the votes! This was definitely a well thought out build with plenty of trick little features that stood out from all angles! :mrgreen: I'm lucky enough that sometime in the near future I'll be able to eyeball this bike close up, definitely ride along side of it and possibly take it for a spin! :wink: Gigs and I ARE planning a week long invasion into the land of the Maple leaf!

We've finally got the FBN board straightened out (we hope), so that now people can view the board without being members. Please swing by and check out some of the other contestant's bikes as well as what else is going on.

Masterpoop also had his version entered in the contest as well as another familiar name or two.

Thanks to everyone and congrats to Dicey for a well deserved victory! T shirts are available to those who are interested!

Back