My 2013 Felt "El Bandito"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking bike there! What method did you use to strip the paint from the frame?

Sorry for the delay in a response to your question. I used brand Klean-Strip... "Aircraft Paint Remover". This stuff is magic. Once stripped and washed/rinsed I simply rubbed on it with #2 steel wool just to burnish up the steel a bit. From here... just going to let the steel flash - Todd

Sorry for the delay in a response to your question. I used brand Klean-Strip... "Aircraft Paint Remover". This stuff is magic. Once stripped and washed/rinsed I simply rubbed on it with #2 steel wool just to burnish up the steel a bit. From here... just going to let the steel flash - Todd
Thanks for replying. I'm almost at the point where I'm ready to start stripping the paint from the frame of my Moulton project. Klean Strip doesn't seem to be a brand available here in the U.K. So I will be using Nitro Mors instead.

I was originally going to paint the frame once stripped & cleaned, but now I think I'll have a bash using some steel wool before letting it oxodise naturally.

Back