My 38 Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got this bike from Nate (npence). It has seen better days. I like it though. The wheels turned out to be a little worse for wear so I took some off of another bike that also had a springer. The rear wheel was fitted with the skip tooth hub but the wheel is way out on the runout. (wobbles side to side) I'm not sure if that can be fixed. It wasn't like that before I laced it. This was my first rim to lace. I think I need some expert advice on it. I put some straight mb bars on it and a new stem.
f0a9c707.jpg

f0539767.jpg

7dd1f6fc.jpg

98bf12e7.jpg

SANY0002-8.jpg

SANY0003-8.jpg

I would but that strut bracket if you don't want it.

Nice start I like the lines on the early Hawthornes. i'm building a 40s.

Sorcerer

I got a wheel and morrow hub at a swap meet. I put it on temporarily and tested it. Its spins and catches every now and then so it may need some work or trashed. We'll see.
SANY0003_zps5b7c5d02.jpg

SANY0006_zps76b750ad.jpg

SANY0005_zps97f1ae59.jpg

SANY0004_zpsc3bacb23.jpg

Awesome bike! I'm building a 46 Hawthorne.

Is there any way you'd sell the front fender?

Cool, I just hit a snag. I found one bad bearing and race on my crankset. I posted a wanted ad in the wanted section. I'm also going to get another better looking chain. Right now my plans are to black out a lot of the chrome w/black semi-gloss powder coat. Red frame w/almond scallops and almond springer fork w/blacked out hardware. The wheels will also be blacked. So when you look at it the frame will pop!

Okay. If you change your mind let me know.

I hope you didn't throw out the old one :shock:

Alright good lol

I really like that frame, that pink springer fork has a nice shape to it. That very first pic looks like somebody flat landed off a 20 foot dirt jump. :lol:

Thanks guys. Yes the springer will be painted. I have to get rid of some dimples in it where I shaped it to have some drop. I should have slotted it first.

I'm still on the hunt for an inner race that goes up against the sprocket. Mines shot.

Back