My '62 Holden ute

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alan67 said:
outskirtscustoms said:
I wonder how much it'd cost to get a ute shipped over here and converted to left hand drive. Those are sweet.

very cool car. 8)

Why would you want to convert it to LHD? RHD is how a Holden should be!

Yeah but I'm right handed and it has to be a stick shift.......I wonder if a 302 or 351 would fit in that? :wink:

Yeah of all the cars I've owned I think I've had 3 that were automatic, I like stick better. As far as using my left hand it'd be too complicated, all my other cars are stick. And you can always put any motor in any car, It's just a matter of how creative you want to be and how much money you got. :mrgreen:

I've had 3 of those type of Fords over here, 65 Fairlane, 65 Falcon, and 62 Comet, all with 6 bangers, the Comet was my first car and had a 144 ci motor. I like yours better than the Ranchero we had here. The front of yours reminds me of the 57 Fairlane Ranchero.

2rz6yyr.jpg

hewey said:
Thanks guys 8)

You can fit a small block Chev in an EK, and she'd go plenty fast too, but I like the nostalgia of a straight 6 :mrgreen:

Yeah, probably get better mileage too. Maybe it's just the kid in me but I'd rather have the nostalgia of a V8 flathead ford over a 6 banger. More power ar ar ar. :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
Yeah, probably get better mileage too. Maybe it's just the kid in me but I'd rather have the nostalgia of a V8 flathead ford over a 6 banger. More power ar ar ar. :mrgreen:

They never came with a V8 :wink: Plus Im just after a cool cruiser, might fiddle with the pipes for a sweeter note but performance isnt a priority.

Any kind of loud muffler will drone on these inline motors. Drone all day at about 2000rpm, right where we usually cruise at. I tried more than one on mine, and after awhile they would all get a normal muffler put back on. The sound of the inline 6 is fine just as it is, purring like a cat.

Yeah but my neighbor's love my open headers at 4am...... :mrgreen: Thinking of getting glasspacks but need to pay it off first.

Latest posts

Back