My Best Find So Far

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
We had a garage sale this weekend so I decided to take out some bikes to display and hopefully get some people to stop by to check them out. Ive done this in the past and it has generated some leads for bikes and this time was no different. A nice old lady got to talking about her childhood bikes and mentioned she still had 2 of her daughters bikes hanging in her garage and would like to sell them. She started to describe them and I wasnt to excited when she started describing a girls middleweight but then she mentioned a little girls bike with a wide pink seat and she had my attention! Ever since I started dragging home bikes my wife has been telling me about her childhood bike- a Huffy Sweet Thunder and I have been looking for a nice clean one ever since. The woman called me a few hours later to come by to see the bikes and I knew on my way over that I was going to pay whatever she wanted to get my wifes bike for her. I ended up getting both of these bikes for $75 which is more than I would normally spend but the smile on her face when she saw it and the excitement in her voice when she called her mother to beg her to dig up a picture she has of my wife on her Sweet Thunder was priceless! Ive found hundreds of bikes over the years- some rare, some valuable but none of them have made me so happy or gotten me as excited as taking this little Sweet Thunder home for my wife.

My greatest find ever- 83ish Huffy Sweet Thunder

This 60s Sears middleweight isn't too bad either and is super clean.

Back