My bike was stolen for 2 hours last night

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give the time line from last night

1:00 pm- Wife puts my bike outside in front of the house.
5:00 pm- I get home and begin unloading my car.
5:05 pm- Three trolls (kids) and the kid that lives next door (all under 13) walk by my car and do a double take of my bike.
7:00 pm- I go outside to get my bike its gone! *&^$#$^#!@&#*&*(@!!@&**)&^@@34....... poo
7:01 pm- I go next door and bluff, I tell the kid and his dad I know that his buds took my bike and that I have several neighbors who say they saw the little trolls take the bike, I tell him to call his troll buds and to let them know they have until 8pm tonight to bring my bike home in one peace.
7:55 pm- My bike appears in front of my house with some new additions- black Axel pegs.

These kids come by my house every other day... what should I do? 8)

Timeline continued today

8:00 am Wife goes out to detached garage off the alley to put up some boxes, door is locked- door is never locked.
12:00 pm I show up for lunch to load some moving boxes in the garage, door is locked- i go in through the Alley and my big door is open.
12:01 pm I realize that over $2000 of paintball markers/equipment airsoft crap and a sweet hunting airgun is missing.
12:02 pm as Im talking to police the two kids who stole the bike come walking down the alley, see me and run away- and hide in friends house.
1:00 pm Police officer lets me know there's nothing I can do, my only lead is the kid who is hiding his buddies.

Ill update after i talked to this kids dad tonight.

udallcustombikes said:
1. Buy a lock.
2. Find some cheap or free bikes on CL and invite the trolls over and teach them how to build their own cool bikes. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

+1 on both suggestions.

You've got the upper hand in this situation. Their parents all know their kids were caught stealing, or should, and these kids have now been proven to be thieves. They will go elsewhere to steal, or knock it off now they they see they have to pay a price when caught, unless the parents didn't care. Either way, they probably won't steal from you again.

Had some neighbor kids that used to toss small pebbles at the window of the house to make us look around or startle us so one night I snuck out the back way and up behind them and scared the s... out of them. I became friends with them they would come around when I was building stuff and I showed them what I was doing and eventually the could help. One even wanted to learn some Electronics and finally went to school and became an engineer and we got him a job where I work. These were good kids with a little mischief in them but you may not have the same situation but if you showed then a pile of junk bike parts and had them help build their own they might turn around.

Walker said:
+ fill frames with fire ants?
x2! :lol:

I have so many junker bikes that I can't sell for $3 each. I plan on going downtown one of these days and putting one in middle of the ghetto and stake out watching to see someone steal it and then get hurt, LOL. :lol: Pretty mean though. :oops:

Pepper, I'm glad you got your bike back but you're very lucky. Many parents of troublemakers think their children are "angels" and would deny such a claim. It's sickening but I'm glad it worked out for you.

A couple years ago in the winter, some kid stole my snowboard while I was away in the woods to relieve myself. My dad was on top of the hill relaxing when this happened sitting right next to my snowboard, guarding it. The kid probably doubted my father, being a 46 year old man at the time, had any association with my hip snowboard. So the kid grabs it and starts casually walking away until my dad sneaks up behind him and tugs at it from his hands without saying anything, LOL! I was told the kid looked so freaked out and scared out of his mind. :shock: Thanks, dad! 8)

pepper said:
These kids come by my house every other day... what should I do? 8)

It seems like the parents know. If they find their kid with a mysterious new bike, it'll probably set off bells. You could also keep your bike in the garage/back yard/locked up. If that fail, nuke them from orbit and behead the survivors (if any).

sorry to hear this.
i can figure you were going through some
emotions in those 2 hrs and saying some colorful things..

a thief rates on the top half of my list!! :x
many different ways you can handle this
issue but most i can offer are deemed harsh love.

glad to hear you got you baby back!!!!

EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

sorry that it happened, glad that you were lucky to get it back, but if you valued your bike, it never would have happened, I see iresponsiblity on your part, for leaving bike where it could happen, my brother hand three stolen like that till he figured out to put it away in a locked shed, never a stolen bike since, hope that you have learned from experience, and like I said earlier, glad that it was recovered,

Glad you got it back, I've had a few close calls like that myself, mostly just kids, I actually walked up on one of them! It was a kid so I chose to talk to the kid and got to know him, told him all you got to do is ask and I'd help anybody out. He didn't have much in life and couldn't afford much (poor family) so I built him a cheap little chopper bike with left over parts I had laying around, Really made the kids day and haven't had any more problems out of him. Now he keeps a watch for me and tells me when someone is in my yard when I'm gone, Even gives me bike parts that he finds here and there (mostly junk but he tries). Sometimes it just takes someone to talk to them and set them straight on things and someone to take an interest in them to really make a big difference.
Sometimes it's better to turn an enemy into an ally..... :wink:

Got my baby back yes.
Fire ant idea is really cool.
5 hours later I had $2000 of paintball equipment stolen from my garage.. I updated my first posts timeline.

Im really really bummed

I was selling most of this stuff to help in our move to Knoxville TN, were helping a bud plant a Acts 29 church.

Im really really really bummed

people in my neighborhood know better than to mess with my bikes. kids know the guy that hobbles up and down the street is one of the reasons why i shouldnt be crossed.

Kids came back hat in hand and started apologizing left and right when they found out about the rest of my stuff being stolen.

I talked their ear off for an hour about what it means to be a man, came down hard on them.
I had stuff that only a hand full of people had.
Im worn out, I got to just let it go.

Back