my birthday present.....murray fleetline!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
bought this baby off of a customer of my bar,for $80! :D price started out at $200,but after feeding him some ice cold lone stars and some killer shots,it was time to go for the kill! :wink: but the bike has a BENT FORK! :shock: how about $80?...SOLD! :D gonna take it apart,clean and straighten the metal,fix the fork,and throw some old white tires on it! oh yeah, and ride it! 8)
DSCN1099.jpg
DSCN1101.jpg
DSCN1100.jpg
DSCN1106.jpg

did kids just go around riding into heavy solid objects in the 50s or what? never seen so many bent forks until i joined this forum and started buying old bikes. that one is really cool btw

i was sleeping well,until i just realized ive got 3 project builds lined up,not counting the rrbo! :roll: plus summertime in texas is not very much fun for building bikes! :(

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
did kids just go around riding into heavy solid objects in the 50s or what? never seen so many bent forks until i joined this forum and started buying old bikes. that one is really cool btw

No joke! I can't figure out myself why so many forks are bent, especially as badly as they are.

That's is a KILLER find! Some of my personal favorites are the Murray made bikes.... a bike near identical to yours has been on ebay recently, same condition, I think they were asking $1000 :shock: What a beauty!

You should have gave him a 80 dollar tab to work off ...then it costs you less... :lol:

What a cool bike..bet it will ride nice.. :wink:

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
...I read somewhere that ghost-riding bikes into brick walls was quite popular at one time.....really!!!

i have a really big liquor cabinet! care for a drink? or 50?

:D

you seriously stole that bike. id even offer you the 280 for it! ahhaha kidding... or am i.... um ill leave now.

or will i? 8)

Back