My brothers Chain bike....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to Share with all of you my brother creation. When he heard we where going to be going to the ride in Northhampton, CT (which got canceled) he wanted to build a bike too. ifitsfreeitsforme and myself had a old mountian bike frame for him to work with. He got the chain from work. They lost the chain for the fork lift and got a new one. On his way out to his car he found it and they told him he could keep it. So it set his imagination off. Here it is. The camo chain bike.

3007223875_116e2b653b.jpg

3008063234_efd27cffa7.jpg

Headbadge made from the smal chain ring from a old mountain bike. He put his initials on it from chain links as well as the hook from the chain. Very impressed with his work. He really let his imagination flow on this one. He's looking forward to joining us CT folks on a some of our rides.

hard to believe that's his first shot at making a rat cruiser. screw him, he's not allowed to hang out with us, he makes us look lame lol

He says it rides pretty good. I have not ridden it yet. I did sit on it like you see in the pics without the chain and the frame will flex slightly. Not a big problem for just cruising around. But it seems to be very sturdy.

It cant ride to good without a chain. :lol:

Im sure this is a shot before he road it though.

Yeah it is ironic a chain bike without a chain. That pic was taken the day after he finished it. He put the chain on and the master link broke. He now has a chain on it. He took some pics to show me. He called me at work and said he wanted to send them. He was pretty psyched. So I threw those up.
As far as the welds. They look really good. Great penetration and really strong. The chain will break before the welds. I don't think it will have any safety issues for sure.
The paint is Krylon camo super flat from Wal-Mart and the tires are beach cruiser tires from Wal-Mart. He was pretty happy to find those since he didn't want to order anything.
I work with ifitsfreeitsforme and thatismytruck and they kept telling me to put the pics on here. I know my brother would never do it so here it is.

I saw a similar one in Lowrider Bicycle mag, shortly before they dropped off the face of the planet! They took a new chopper, and replaced the bottom tube w/a chain like that. Neat. ~Adam

I made a chain lowrider too, It came out looking pretty good, but I've got too many projects and off to the junk heap it went.

Back