My bucket

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple pics of another
DSC00373.jpg
ride.
DSC00372.jpg

Nice T-bucket you got there. It's great to see one that actually has a Ford power plant in it, so many guys throw a 350 in them these days.

COOL!

I ALWAYS wanted a T-Bucket, but at 6'2"...

I've been on some h*ll rides in a couple of them tho!

Thanks , the coolest thing about the car is that it was built by a guy in my neighborhood when i was around 10 years old. The guy was my freinds older brother , i would see him cruising it when i was riding my bike as a teen. The car ended up getting put a way in a garage for many years till that same kid saw it just sitting there in the garage waiting to be resurected and cruised again. It is a true 302 boss from a late sixties shelby , it has been tweaked a little around 500 hp . The rear came from late sixties bronco 411 detroit locker the suspension is from a 29 a weighs about 1750 lbs and yea it will make u !@#$%^&* pucker . Downfall the 110 octane gas that is running on is around 7.00 a gallon and gets about 8 miles to the gallon.

A BOSS 302 was easier to find than a Chevy 350 in 1979???

Where do you live?

No just easier to find back then and less expensive . Not then a achevy 350.Just much easier to find then.
MagicRat said:
A BOSS 302 was easier to find than a Chevy 350 in 1979???

Where do you live?

Definitely NOT a Boss 302 but a very cool ride indeed. If it's from a late 60's Shelby GT350 then it's a standard 302 that Shelby tweaked and made a little more than 300HP. The Boss 302's were made in 69 and 70 and featured 351 Cleveland heads (that look completely different than the heads on this engine) among other trick items. As i mentioned though, the car is VERY cool regardless. (yup I'm jealous!) And like you said, it's nice to see something othar than a 350 cheby in one! Here's a picture of a Boss 302: http://image.mustangandfords.com/f/2809 ... engine.jpg

nice bucket. yep, not a BOSS 302, would like to see a dyno test on it to see the 500hp. great lookin, aways wanted one. you can send it to me.lol. thanks for the pic's. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Outlaw 8)

jalopyjimmy13 said:
i dig the altinater braket/stack o washers hey it worked right
Actually not washers it is a piece if turned alum, one washer. And honestly I am not a ford person . But for the few thousand dollars i have in it , its all good.

longshort said:
jalopyjimmy13 said:
i dig the altinater braket/stack o washers hey it worked right
Actually not washers it is a piece if turned alum, one washer. And honestly I am not a ford person . But for the few thousand dollars i have in it , its all good.

And that right there is all that matters! As long a it puts a smile on YOUR face.

Kustom Kreator said:
Definitely NOT a Boss 302 but a very cool ride indeed. If it's from a late 60's Shelby GT350 then it's a standard 302 that Shelby tweaked and made a little more than 300HP. The Boss 302's were made in 69 and 70 and featured 351 Cleveland heads (that look completely different than the heads on this engine) among other trick items. As i mentioned though, the car is VERY cool regardless. (yup I'm jealous!) And like you said, it's nice to see something othar than a 350 cheby in one! Here's a picture of a Boss 302: http://image.mustangandfords.com/f/2809 ... engine.jpg
Gotcha the only ford i have messed with the motor was from a 68 shelby gt 350 the motor i know has huge dome pistons cam and head work that was done at a local machine shop told it should be around 13/1 compression . Of course the guy who did it couldnt remember exacyly what was done to the motor . It was done in like 1979 , i was 10. . And because of the compression will run like @!#$%^ on any gas less then a hundred but it really seems to prefer the sunoco 110 or some 120 that a friend gets from a race shop . But most of what info i got was from people who messed with the car in the old days . And besides it cost less then what some of these people want for a schwinn bicycle .

Back