My cruiser BTR project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nothing terribly exciting. i've gotten the little tecumseh torn down most of the way. The only holdup is I dont have a correct size external torx socket to remove the connecting rod from the crank, so the rotating assembly is still in the motor. once i get that out i can start porting. I've been doing a lot of reading the last couple days on the ups and downs, ins and outs of 2 stroke tuning. unfortunately most of that information is directed towards the dirtbike end of the spectrum. Not the lawn implement end :lol: if anybody has any specific data when it comes to tuning and tweaking simple piston ported engines i'd love to see it

managed to snag some pictures of the motor showing the port shapes and positions. i've already figured out several areas where i can make a pretty significant improvement to the flow characteristics of this motor. i'm probably going to be pretty conservative with the porting, just trying to make everything nice smooth and even. i'm after a good running engine, not a 10hp monster lol
2u8v19x.jpg

2rdx24g.jpg

ru7iaa.jpg

kag4s8.jpg

2hmppfn.jpg

33pgfeu.jpg

ofws54.jpg

6508d3.jpg

rbi39t.jpg

I have the exact same bike with the same color but it didn't have the chain guard or even the rear fender, I hope you didn't get rid of the stuff your not using because I might get some interest in them.

What happened to this build and is there any info you have from this bike like did yours still have the sticker above the bottom bracket & what did it say, what did the chain guard say?

It is a western flier trophy. the fenders are in pretty rough shape but the chain guard is OK, still have all the parts. i plan on picking up this project again after i get some paychecks saved and can afford a welder! this should make things a lot easier and allow me to really improve the strength of the frame with some gusseting and reinforcing. the forks are going to get EXTENSIVE reworking, and possibly getting widened. the motor will be getting pretty minimal porting after i can get it torn down the rest of the way.

Latest posts

Back