My CWC Roadmaster build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing special really, just stripped, cleaned, primed and painted with some rustoleum.....rustoleum will NOT be used again as it scratches WAY to friggin easy & it looks GREAT from about 5-7 feet away :roll:

Had fun rebuilding it though!

Seat & rear rack are from a local bike shop, who has a mega-stash of old parts in their basement, rims & chainguard came off a old Columbia girls bike I found at an antique store for fairly cheap.

What ya think?

cwc01.jpg

cwc10.jpg

cwc11.jpg

cwc12.jpg

deorman said:
Great old bike! Maybe it was your primer or atmopheric conditions, I've had the opposite experience w/Rustoleum. :?

Don't think it was the primer, it was rustoleum primer (I've used it before with great results) but the atmospheric pressure may be the key....it had rained the night before so I held off painting until it dried up, but there very well could have been moisture in the air still.

Never had bad results with the rustoleum.....until now :(

clean build! looks like it cruises like a caddy. i have always used krylon, ever since i was about 12 years old, painting bmx bikes in my neighborhood. i never really warmed up to rustolium, and i know better than to use plasticoat or any "im store" brand paints. i guess its like a duracell vs energizer thing. anyways, love the bike.

Re: My CWC Roadmaster build (new pix 7/28/09)

Couple new pix as she's changed a little.....

cwc16.jpg

cwc17.jpg

cwc18.jpg

MarksA-C said:
Hey, is that truck in the background of the last pic the one you drove out here?

yep, same 1989 Dodge diesel....been all over the midwest, your place was just one of the 1st :D

dragsterIII said:
yeah the lights and the fork stays complete it, I am currently painting a bike to day, about to get paint :D

good job

Thanks!!

The fork stays are handmade out of 3/8" fuel line from autozone....couldn't find any long/tall enough so I made my own :D

Even got the lights working now....had a slight issue with bulbs, but a quick stop to radio shack solved that problem. All 3 lights are nice and bright now, and look downright awesome in the dark of night :)

wvining said:
MarksA-C said:
Hey, is that truck in the background of the last pic the one you drove out here?

yep, same 1989 Dodge diesel....been all over the midwest, your place was just one of the 1st :D

Well maybe one of these days you should stop on by again :D but caution, you may leave with the truck full of bike and tractor stuff!!

Wow. That turned out super clean. I'm a sucker for ape hangers and fork struts so I'm diggin' the new look. And that chain guard is so awesomely (is that a word?) simple that the 2 tone black/white really works on it. Great job!

Back