My dads old bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
today, my great uncle decided to pay us a visit. And he brought along my dad's first bike that was at my grandpa's old farm still, down in southeastern MN. When it showed up, the stock wheels were toast. Rusted right through. and so was the bobbed rear fender. But, dad let himself into my garage and decided to build himself a rat!
2013-04-15180648.jpg

he also put my 2 speed bendix kickback on it
2013-04-15180659.jpg

And it's got a neat indian head decal on the seat tube
2013-04-15180655.jpg

He put the apes on it back in the late 60' s or early 70's, and it used to be coppertone but it's developed an awesome patina over time. I'd like to surprise my dad and get the kickback & the shimano front spoked into a pair of chrome middleweight hoop's eventually. And put a pair of whitewall's on there as well.

Ccd

My grandpa used to live down in fairmont MN and owned the highland cort motel there. And my great uncle used to have a house there as well, and my grandpa had allways used his barn to store stuff in. Well, my grandpa sold the highland and moved up here in the 80's and brought most of his stuff up here in a mid 1870's railroad boxcar mounted on trailer house axels. Allmost everything made it up here, spare from my dad's bike. It finally made its way up north, and found my dad again.

Only half of the old boxcar remains today, and its getting to a point where we're going to half to take everything out of it and tear down what's left. Not even my dad knows what we would find, probably mostly scrap iron.

Ccd

Latest posts

Back