my daily rat rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0845.gif

I call her my Farm Girl, she's fun to ride but a lil hard on equipment. Initially a 24" 1943(ish?) CCM
I pulled from a local dump, complete as original and I still have all the parts in the boneyard.

IMG_0846.gif

First to go were the 24" forks, swapped out for 27" road bike forks that I was fortunate enough to
have JUST fit a 24"x 2.125 tire that I had lying around. Then the 20"x 2.125 rear (love the big wheel look)
Never bothered to change the rubber on account of the rough look I was going for.

IMG_0847.gif

Next was the necessary seat change as I'm 6'4" and need the leg room. My weight being directly over the
rear axle makes her a wheelie queenie, but you can't beat the looks she gets cat walking through downtown!
The 16" ape hangers and 4" gooseneck help to balance her out.

IMG_0848.gif

The hub wrap was a friends idea, kind of a throw back to when we were kids and would rig ANYTHING
together to save us from walking to town!

IMG_0849.gif

Lastly, my license plate. No longer a requirement here, but I like to show a lil love for this city and it
was serendipitous finding it on the bike in its original state as I have an affinity for the number 16.

All told, this bike cost me $16.00 (believe it or not), five bucks to get into the dump and scrounge around
and eleven dollars for the new chain. Other than that, everything else was proudly scavenged!

Back