My Fathers Day Present to myself.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went by Velo's bike shop to drop off some choppernite flyers and this is what followed me home!

100_1149.jpg

100_1151.jpg

100_1152.jpg

100_1150.jpg

very nice !

I had a set of theses speedplay pedals last year on my mtb!

Oh yeah...this is sweet...but what the heck is it?

Looks like a road bike....has off road looking tires... :shock:

Whatever it is I like it. :mrgreen:

is it fast :lol: Stupid question.. Its nice for that kind of bike

That's why I love it. Kinda makes people scratch their heads.
It is a Singlespeed Commuter Crossbike. A road bike for off road riding. 700c Knobbies and old school brakes for good mud clearance.
My MTB is kinda sluggy for a commute, to many flats on the roadbike during commutes (I ride the sidewalks, people are crazy 'round these parts).
This Beauty should be right smack in the middle! Not to fast, not to slow. :D
Plus, it's is just plan cool lookin' ain't she?

http://www.bianchiusa.com/06_san_jose.html

Interesting beast...is it fixed or freewheel? I have a Redline 9.2.5 with a flip flop hub that I normally ride in fixed mode. Stock picture, mine is out of town at the moment and has been modified with brown leather handle bar tape, honey Brooks saddle and a Tubus rack on the rear.

Aaron 8)

925-lg.jpg

That is really nice! Love the 'stache bars, aint they sooo comfy?!
I was thinking of puttin' mine on, we'll try it for awhile with the road bars first.

It's a freewheel, I got an old Atala fixie and it's a little rough on the knees anymore (insert whiny sound here). lol

Coooooollll. One of my friends built and raced a toothpaste-mint-green cross bike a last year. Same guy races on a fixie roadbike. Cross bikes are way cool. I've never seen a single, but it seems like a great idea for commuting. I love the saddle. It's a great touch.

wild hair up...

Wild hair up yer..... well anyway!! Interesting upholstery Mr. P.

Really nice, makes me wonder if the Not-So is gonna be good enough?!?!?

I just NEED to finish it. :roll:

I ilke that one though, I wanna see it live and in color!

REC

kenny p said:
That is really nice! Love the 'stache bars, aint they sooo comfy?!
I was thinking of puttin' mine on, we'll try it for awhile with the road bars first.

It's a freewheel, I got an old Atala fixie and it's a little rough on the knees anymore (insert whiny sound here). lol

I do like the 'stache bars. I used to have a old Popular Special 3 speed "English Racer" with Lauterwasser(sp) bars on it. They are similar in feel to the mustache bars but have are a bit narrower and shaped like a very shallow drop. I geared my fixed down to where it doesn't bother the knees...as much :p IIRC it is down to a 42/20? which lets me spin between 80-90 rpm and still power up small hills with minimal pain. Not as fast as the youngsters but old age and treachery will always overcome youthful enthusiasm :lol:

Aaron 8)

Nice Kenny !!!
I love that style of SS !!
The san Jose is a slammin' ride !
Ill be pushin' 80" when I get there,
No hills !!!
Did they have a Fremont in that shop ?
Thats the one I really like !
:mrgreen:

Very nice ride kenny :D I'd sure like to add a 'cross bike to the stable (maybe next year - or this year if I sell my sportbike)

In the meantime, I've been messing with a $10 garage sale Bianchi - Hellooooo fixed gear!

*NOTE* Should any of you guys hear two loud popping sounds echoing through the northern sky, don't panic, it's just my knees when I ride it :roll:

The simplicity and directness of this style bike is surprisingly addictive.

-Mp

CMan, Multi and Kev......it's hard to describe the appreciation for a SS Bike to others who have not tried it, is'nt it?
I swear that I'm faster in the woods and on the road with one gear, I don't know why.
Maybe a mental thing where you gotta prove that you can hang? I've tried to just "not shift" on my geared bikes and it's just not the same knowing you have backup there.

No Fremonts Ratboy :cry:

Yeh the single speed feels like a direct drive when you step on that pedal. Mine is the closest thing to an adult BMX, though a 24" bmx cruiser is on my list.

Wild hairs on my seat too!

Fremont replaces '55 Hiawatha for local guy. Weight trade off found to be astonishing! Pictures at .... NOW!

First thing I found out was I didn't care for the seat. Too skinny for a lard butt like me. Went for a different one, have something else coming. This thing is a GAS!

Rat Royale
REC eslewhere

Latest posts

Back