My finished bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finished mine and the wife's bikes...Got them outside today.

Mine:

004bk.jpg

Hers: (a bit of a Frankenbike)

001zj.jpg

VERY NICE PAIR.

IMHO, I think your "Roadie" would really pop with all white or cream colored tires. But, the important thing is that YOU like it!!!

RZ94 said:
VERY NICE PAIR.

IMHO, I think your "Roadie" would really pop with all white or cream colored tires. But, the important thing is that YOU like it!!!

My wife said the same thing about the tires, I might do that in the future.

Really nice bikes. The tire idea is a good idea. Never hurts to have a little contrast.

drabe said:
Nice rides!
What'd you use for paint?

They're both powder coated..Mine is Eastwood ruby red, and hers is a 2 stage metallic purple. A guy I work with does powder coating in his garage, so I got a good deal on it.

So, what's the verdict on the tires? All white, cream colored, or white walls? Personally, I think it's unique, being all red, but I can see how some contrast would make it pop.

deorman said:
Hey, in for a dime, in for a dollar! :lol: If it was me, I'd probably just go with some conventional white walls, or even black. :|

Well, I have plenty of time to consider it, since I have no interest in taking it apart to change tires any time soon. Probably will go with white walls though.

deorman said:
Given the fact that it's got perfectly fine tires on it already, and the price of new ones these days, seems like a good plan. :wink:

New tires would run me about $40, which isn't obscene ,but as much as I've had this bike apart, I'm in no hurry. It'll be that red bike for awhile longer.

How is it putting decals on powdercoat? Do they adhere the same as on paint?

Now w/ white walls and the correct handlebar stem.

004ob.jpg

Put a re-covered vintage springer saddle from the Hawthorne I parted out on the wife's bike, fits better on the swept back seat post

005aj.jpg

Wow! That makes more of a difference than I thought it would. Very nice :!:

the red tires looked good but kinda blended in...the WW's really "pop"
Beautiful bike!!

bigj said:
Wow! That makes more of a difference than I thought it would. Very nice :!:

Thanks...Yeah, it does "pop" a bit more now. I could have gone with Electra creme-colored tires, but they were pricier and besides solid white tires are a PITA to keep clean.

Back