My First. Delton De Luxe lowrider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found some old photos in a shoebox and re-shot the prints digitally. her is my first bike, which I built starting in grade 7. I did all the work on it, and then my dad shot the paint (R-M base/clear)

aug7001.jpg

aug7014.jpg

This was a bike that had been passed around the family a bit, a few of my cousins rode it in stock form. it was rusting away beside a shed at my uncle's farm (1/3 of the front rim was literally rusted off) So I asked if I could have it. Most of the parts my dad had kicking around in his junk. I made the sissy bar out of aluminum out of a ventilation grate. the chainguard is made from sheet aluminum, curved on a shrinker/stretcher. Fork is from a 10 speed, curled out. Lights are just for show, mirrors for checking out the girls :lol: . For a while I had the rear light hooked up to battery power, and it looked cool against the red paint on the seat pan, but the battery pack was an eyesore. I took the wheels apart to polish them up, they are off my first 20" bmx I had as a kid. they were my first attempt at building a wheel. I had to fiberglass the inner seat pan because it was rusted through. found some matching vinyl and re-covered it. All in all it was a pretty cool bike for a junior high kid.

I don't know anything about the frame, it said "Delton DE LUXE" on the head badge. it had cool rims with a ridge down the center, no braking surface, and fractional sized tires of some kind. It had standard seat and bars (not a musclebike). I had to sell it for lack of room when I moved away to college. the guy used gold spray paint on lots of the parts. yuck. I guess you can't hold on to them all. :?

Thanks for looking.

Back