My first Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got distracted from my build-off bike by a set of mountain bike tires that surfaced in my shop area. I realized that I only have until the 26th of june to build bikes. after that, i am off to out west. Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone etc. after that, I am going to Norway for three weeks (I try not to brag)(but it happens). I will be back after the deadline of the buildoff :cry:

I was inspired by a wheel set that i rejected before when building my Mark 3 ski-bike. I have seen the "show me your klunkers" thread, and I put 2 and 2 together. I had some frames lying around and a huffy mountain bike with a completely rusted chain. I figured it had no worth, so i dissasembled and got to building. it all came together quite nicely, an I am very pleased. today I got to the painting stage, and it is going well. sorry, no progress pictures, and for the poor quality pics. I cant find my SD card, so I used my iPod.

49e438a9.jpg

7b48eda2.jpg

bff5e67a.jpg

99fa3399.jpg

13fee0ec.jpg

2433eb38.jpg

the chain is a link, or two too short, so I plan on adding that. It will be of the same paint scheme. any good name ideas?
p.s. the rear aluminum rim was runover by a car or something before i got my hand on it, I want to rebuild it and see if I can straighten it.
Craig

I love a good klunker, and I think black and rust is a great color scheme! That's a cool seat too, is that off an old BMX?

Actually it is off a 10 speed. I think it has been places.

Latest posts

Back