My first Rat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello! i started to build a rat rod from this kind of bike
2803-0004_org_Tunturi-Vip_2.jpg

i can send more pictures if someone is interested.. i have modified the frame a little.. added little bit stuff there.. and i had to cut off some little parts to fit 28 wheels..

i like it too, however, this is the first i've seen it. between trying to keep up with the buildoff, still looking for my elusive frame for my own buildoff, work and family, i havent been checking out this section as much lately. i bet many others are the same.

Good looking bike. When you say modded to fit 28s did you have to change the fork? Being painted would make me think you had to stretch it and lost the chrome. In the back did you just remove the seat and chain stay braces?

I am most intrigued by the locking mechanism. Is that an arm that swings to the other stay to bar the rear wheel? Like a "The Club" for a bike? I had not seen that before. So many interesting things manufacturers used to do with bikes.

Devil's Toupe said:
Good looking bike. When you say modded to fit 28s did you have to change the fork? Being painted would make me think you had to stretch it and lost the chrome. In the back did you just remove the seat and chain stay braces?

I am most intrigued by the locking mechanism. Is that an arm that swings to the other stay to bar the rear wheel? Like a "The Club" for a bike? I had not seen that before. So many interesting things manufacturers used to do with bikes.

no.. the fork is original.. that wheel just fits there.. i had to cut all the places where you attach mudguargs... yes you swing the arm to the other side of frame to lock the wheel.. its welded to the frame.. allmost every old bike is fitted with that kind of lock in finland.. thanks if you like it..

Peatbog said:
That is definitely a rat rod! What did you make the chain guard out of? It is pretty cool.

its stainless steel.. sheet metal and small bar.. i cutted the sheet metal and bent it.. then i cut litllebit off and added those bars.. i welded all together..

i almost forgot this bike... :shock: i started to build it again.. i will add some pictures later. :wink:

painted the frame metallic red.. stem black, chain guard black, seat post red, bars red.. will add later a metallic black banana seat and some stuff.. hope it will be ready for summer.. would be cool to cruise around with my friends and drink beer... :p

Latest posts

Back