My First Sting-Ray **UPDATED PICS**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I bought this locally over CL over the phone with the help of paypal. I'll pick it up tomorrow as I have promised the Boss a bike free evening tonight. How did I do? What am I missing? Where do I start? Whaddya think?

Re: My First Sting-Ray in years and years... its a basket case!

I think you SCORED!!! shifter alone is worth more than you paid for the bike.

You don't want it I'll take it jk but anyways that is a good deal, that is in better condition than my two frames plus you have a rear wheel and shifter which would also cost more than $60 each or at least the ones I have seen for sale.

If you need a 20" chrome S7 rim, PM me. I have one loose and one with spokes and hub. Better condition than your bike and cheap. :p Gary

Just got it home. He had a few more parts laying around. The trike and the Wards speedo I picked up at good will. I pulled the truss rods and the near perfect Union pedals off the trike. Pretty happy with the haul!

Great deal!! :shock: Those are some nice spare parts too :wink:

It's Stik Shift Sunday! Got home turned on CL saw this one. Walked right back out the door. Picked it up. Met Clunk509 for a deal. Back home. Long day. Also, bought a ridiculous oversized toy pony for my GF. It cost a buck.

Re: My First Sting-Ray in years ...**2nd bike added**

WOW

two awesome scores, I am sooooo drooling.

Way to Go.

Ditto....thats a massive double score if I say so myself!

I just got a 5 speed stingray myself but paid a little more than you did. Wish mine had all those extra parts!

I see you have learned the "If I get her something too she won't get mad at me for dragging home more bikes" trick. Well played sir. :wink: :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
Well played sir. :wink: :mrgreen:

Thanks, Pod'nah.
1472102_o.gif

Just a quick update. Got a wheel and tire and a ridable seat that matches the condition! Threw a couple other parts at too like an early pearsons stamped square back sissy bar. Needs a chain and a couple cables and should be good to go! I'll probably do a few laps then put it in the F/S section!

Latest posts

Back