My Fixed Gear Bike Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this frame at a LBS for 25 bucks under the orders of "don't bring it back". I gave it a quick rattle can paint job and waited for the funds to buy the parts. It has a Vuelta XRP wheelset with flip flop hub, 165 mm Sugino cranks and a Tru-Vativ American to Euro bottom bracket converter because those single piece cranks are annoying. I love riding the bike because it feels so natural so basic. Plus i get myself quite a workout with no coasting. As far as the build went it was easy and fun. I'm new to bikes so i had some help with the chain but it was easy once i made sure not to pop the pin out. The only thing that was tough was the bottom bracket converter didn't go in as smoothly as i wanted and i had to have the LBS help out (Cycle Spectrum in Plano Texas is great) but other than that the build was about an hour with minor tweeking here and there. Been riding it like crazy ever since.
SANY0220.jpg

SANY0219.jpg

SANY0211.jpg

bottom bracket converter
SANY0217.jpg

SANY0209.jpg

SANY0203.jpg

Looks FAST!.....How about telling us a little about yourself in "INTROS"> 8)

Back