My garage door is the wrong color!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
With the build off coming up, everyone seems to take photos of their mocked up bike, in progress bike, and finished bike in front of a white garage door. Provides a nice backdrop with good contrast, no junk behind the bike to confuse the lines and hide components. The only problem is... my garage door is gloss black.

What do I do?

PS- I don't have a nice wood privacy fence either. :cry:

the privacy fence was gonna be my second choice suggestion.

i've taken most of my pics in 4 places around the house, but i guess you've looked at them already. besides the fence and garage door, my house has white aluminum siding, and the garage has a pale yellow or orange(?) vinyl siding that have worked ok for me too.

the last suggestion. i have a big box some furniture came in that i'll use if i have a bike upstairs above the garage that i don't want to bring down just for a pic. it blocks out all the other junk behind it if i position it just right. if you have something like that (maybe an unfolded bike box?) it might do in a pinch.

edit to throw in a cardboard background pic. this is the last one i took

g-bike001-9.jpg

most of what i build sits pretty low so i guess for a regular bike you'd have to tape something together to get a little more height

The big box home improvement places sell canvas drop cloths, they're slightly off-white, and the wife wouln't murder you for using HER sheets. Cheap sheets are hard to come by.

Rat Rod said:
Just build 8 feet of nice privacy fence along your driveway. :lol:

I thought about this, but I might need 2 sections of fence since we have built a bike that is 12' 8" long here. And I need to raise the fence too for the tall bikes. Man, my neighbor is really going to think that I hate him after I build this thing... :?

yoothgeye said:
Rat Rod said:
Just build 8 feet of nice privacy fence along your driveway. :lol:

I thought about this, but I might need 2 sections of fence since we have built a bike that is 12' 8" long here. And I need to raise the fence too for the tall bikes. Man, my neighbor is really going to think that I hate him after I build this thing... :?

Bwahahaha!

Tell him you're a Red Sox fan and it's the start of your tribute to Fenway Park, and that the bleachers and loudspeaker get installed next week! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, that's the main reason I'm not entering this year, green garage door here. :oops: :mrgreen:

Good luck in the build off, your entry last year was a big inspiration.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Good luck in the build off, your entry last year was a big inspiration.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks Tank, that means a lot. I just remembered, the rest of my shop is white... :oops:

Peatbog said:
If you have a dark-colored garage door, just paint your bike the opposite color of what you want and use the negative.*

*You have to be old enough to know what a "negative" is.

I definitely know what a negative is, use to roll my own B/W film and develop it.

Just take your pictures down the road in front of someone else's house. I do it for Craigslist postings all the time. It's amazing how a junky bike looks better when parked next to my neighbor's Hummer. :lol:

All of ya'll have got it wrong. What you need is a big white garage door AND a Texas Flag. :wink:
P8100049.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the weird thing is........all of the white garage doors always have the same rectangular pattern stamped into them. :shock: mine included.

StepChld said:
All of ya'll have got it wrong. What you need is a big white garage door AND a Texas Flag. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've only got an NC flag, a Confederate battle flag, and the 2nd flag of the Confederacy... I might get shot.

Latest posts

Back