My John Deere cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a big hit in the farming community where I live, at least for the JD owners. I only get one station on the AM transistor radio on the handlebars, of course it's a country music station.
johndeere002.jpg

That is ONE cool bike!......Some bikes have attitude, some have personality. This bike has both.

That is funny, Where did you get that seat? I can't see the whole picture, what is going on with the handlebars? I can see it is interesting, but can't see why.

Very cool. Being a full time farmer and part time bike builder I can appreciate it. Maybe I'll build a red one someday since our tractors are mostly Case IH. I love the details, especially the bale. Good job.

Thanks for the positive replies:D, the JD is a blast to ride. There is an exact seat on eBay right now for sale, seat was made by Nirve. I also thought about doing another tractor theme bike of another maker, maybe a Cockschutt :p. Just found this site and luv it. Can't wait to build up a black bike for y'all.

A Cockschutt? Those don't come by too often :D My father knew a guy who collected them.

Your radio reminds me of that line in 'The Blues Brothers' movie: "We have both kinds of music. Country and western." Maybe with a better antanae you could get a station that plays western music also! :D Cool bike.

Wow, that last one from Germany is awesome! They all look great, even found this one while looking for 29er mtbs from the Spicer cycles page

Robstractor.jpg

I picked up the bars from ebay several years ago, I think they were just an aftermarket bar from the late 1960's. Don't think any particular bike brand used them on their stock models, I could be wrong though. Mine were advertised as a 1969 part. Peace, Love and Chicken grease 8)

i gotta give that jd cruiser a big 4H thumbs up. i've always liked that color scheme (and i don't know why) and your cruiser looks sweet. it would go over big up here in yreka, seeing how this is a big ranchin 4H community. c'mon, over half of our siskiyou county fair is tractors and livestock.

rustydawg said:
I picked up the bars from ebay several years ago, I think they were just an aftermarket bar from the late 1960's. Don't think any particular bike brand used them on their stock models, I could be wrong though. Mine were advertised as a 1969 part. Peace, Love and Chicken grease 8)

thanks! i never knew where they came from or off of what...... BONUS!!! i was born in 1969 8) i'll keep 'em!

Back