My Kona A'ha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

This one is a bit of a Frankenstein. Rear triangle stretched to accommodate a Hope Disc set-up, Sun Fat Albert Rims, Marz Z1 fork and Titec Hellbent post and seat

Cool bike especially how you have the rear setup with disc. I wouldnt mind finding one of those frames.

It took me forever to find one of those and I was looking for one only a few months after they stopped making them. It's actually a bit small for me, thus the set back seatpost but beggars can't be choosers. I keep wavering between whether to sell it or not but I get on it and I just want to keep it :D

It's the disc brake adaptor. It anchors the caliper to the brake boss

fast eddie said:
can you tell me where you found that? or did you make it yourself? ive never heard of those but those would be great for gravity bikes, thanx
fast eddie outty

It's originally a Kona A'ha 26" BMX single speed cruiser
here's a link: http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike
I stretched the rear triangle from 110mm to 135mm to fit the disc setup, put a fork on it, some BMX wheel locks and it's good to go. I've taken that thing DHing and dirt jumping and it was great. I wouldn't use it for the serious stuff but it's a fun dual use bike. Put the seat up in town and put the seat down on the trail :D It is very, very stable and would probably be a good gravity bike
They're getting harder to find and this one was too small for me, thus the laid back seatpost but it was the only one I've found so I had to make do.
I'd comb forums and craigslist for one, I see them every now and then and have even considered selling this one but I waver back and forth about getting rid of it then I ride it and I just want to keep it.

Very nice, I've only seen a few of those around ever. Someone else on the board has one also.

Those style or close to it, disc brake adaptors came on Specialized FSRs circa 1998ish had one on mine. I'd look for an old beater FSR on CL if you want one, should be worth about zero by now.

COOL! That one looks like it means business. Mine is pretty much stock but I did change the bars, grips, pedals,front sprocket and seat and might put away the scratch and sniff tires for safe keeping. This is before I got the bars.

bikes041.jpg

Back