My "Lanz B." (tractor)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

here some pictures of my Lanz B. At first the rear stamp-brake, made of junkyard-parts . . .

regards, Paul
IMG_3529_k.jpg
IMG_3530_k.jpg
IMG_3531_k.jpg

And here the "deadhead-headbadge", made of 2,5mm steel-sheet . . .

regards, Paul
IMG_3532_k.jpg

. . . the "fork-girl" (on second pic with psychedelic sister in war :lol: ) . . .

regards, Paul
IMG_3539_k.jpg
IMG_3542_k.jpg

. . . and at last the whole sideview.

regards, Paul
brakewholeLBleft4444.jpg

NICE bike! Especially like the "suicide" brake.

KOTA said:
Especially like the "suicide" brake.

In Germany exists the cruel "StVZO" (a catalogue which rules law and order of vehicle-parts), and the §65 says, all bicycles must have two independent brakes. This Lanz B. is a fixie (with Phil Wood-rearhub), and since months these fixies are (in the big cities) in "the line of fire", ´cause many bikers ride them without brakes.

Thousands of miles I rode with only one brake (a front V-brake), but now the streets are too hot. Look at me and my bike(s) - we´re shocking. Every cop takes notice, and I wouldn´t like it, to pay a ticket for riding with only one brake or (in the worst case) if they lock my bike away.

So I said to me:"Paul, install some nice second brake for the rear-wheel. The quality of function doesn´t interest, the main point is: It brakes somehow and looks like a brake :mrgreen: ."

regards, Paul

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
OH MAN, that thing is great.

THANKS :D ! And it rolls smooth with its great American hubs. I ride on tour with it (for one or two weeks, with tent and sleeping-bag), and sometimes I ride my private 24h-marathons (with Lupine-lighting in the night). This bike is a ".......", the frame is german, hubs and pedals from USA (Phil Wood / PAUL / Syncros Factory), cranks and bearing Shimano 105 / Ultegra (race-bike), the front-rim dutch (stainless steel), the spokes DT swiss, the saddle british (Brooks Colt), the front-light a Bosch-drum (built in the early 1930s) and the front-mudguard french . . .

regards, Paul

THANKS :D ! And it rolls smooth with its great American hubs. I ride on tour with it (for one or two weeks, with tent and sleeping-bag), and sometimes I ride my private 24h-marathons (with Lupine-lighting in the night). This bike is a "beep", the frame is german, hubs and pedals from USA (Phil Wood / PAUL / Syncros Factory), cranks and bearing Shimano 105 / Ultegra (race-bike), the front-rim dutch (stainless steel), the spokes DT swiss, the saddle british (Brooks Colt), the front-light a Bosch-drum (built in the early 1930s) and the front-mudguard french . . .

your bike sounds like a typical American! lol.

Great looking bike, love the brake!

Buck Masterson said:
your bike sounds like a typical American! lol.

Like the first Harley Davidson, the silent grey fellow 8) . . .

regards, Paul

And now with plate instead of a reflector :lol: . . .

regards, Paul

LBsouthern2468Ratrod.jpg

LBsouthern42345.jpg

Back