My latest build. The Taxi Bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Just an old western flyer tandem that i was given. Was a rusty pile, thought it would look cooler this way.
I have a few more ideas for it but haven't gotten any of them finished yet.

taxibike1.jpg

I am working on a lighting system that will include a taxi light, head, tail, and turn signals. Also got a change counter. Still thinking of ways to incorporate a meter. Thanks for the comments guys :D

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Awesome, love the VW turn signal turned into a headlight.

Cheers!
Dr. T

Right on! I drive a 65 type 1 that has a ton of ....... parts on it so it only seemed fitting to let the VW parts flow into my love for bikes.
Bikes and Bugs compliment each other well.

Now this bike makes sense ! The Felt taxibike fails miserably being a one seater, but this is the real deal 8) Very nicely done, but don't forget to integrate that taximeter :mrgreen:

That tandem looks like a lot of fun. Very cool bike and good job on the build.

how does that springer work with 2 people on it? Is it a different spring? just curious as I have thought about putting one on our Tango :roll:

scrumblero said:
how does that springer work with 2 people on it? Is it a different spring? just curious as I have thought about putting one on our Tango :roll:

It seems a little weak, I have a heavier spring that I will be trying out. I will let you know how that works out and where to find it if it works.

tacklebox said:
so does the passenger get a discount if they pedal ?

Nah, they pay double if they don't pedal :D
It has been hard to ride with a passenger. most people who have tried to ride on the back can't balance properly so keeping it straight is a major ordeal.
My 8 year old son and I had a good time cruising around town today but he isn't very heavy. (but he pedals so I only charged hime once :lol: )

Diabolical_Dork said:
tacklebox said:
so does the passenger get a discount if they pedal ?

Nah, they pay double if they don't pedal :D
It has been hard to ride with a passenger. most people who have tried to ride on the back can't balance properly so keeping it straight is a major ordeal.
My 8 year old son and I had a good time cruising around town today but he isn't very heavy. (but he pedals so I only charged hime once :lol: )

yeah i guess it would be pretty difficult peddling a fat drunk around . sweet bike ive never seen one that had curves in the frame

Dee-Em said:
Diggin' the magic tree, but that would look truly epic with a taximeter, any ideas for that come up yet?

I have been working on that. I have a couple old automotive speedometers, a kids lunchbox, some plexiglass, and some button lights.
I will most likely try to use this setup to house my battery box to power all the lights.

Magic tree? not sure I know what that is.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I will post new pics when the meter is finished and the lighting is done. :D

Wow, super cool tandem. Love the taxi theme. I may "borrow" your basic idea if I find another tandem if you don't mind.

2Slow said:
Wow, super cool tandem. Love the taxi theme. I may "borrow" your basic idea if I find another tandem if you don't mind.

Do it to it Bro. I probably "borrowed" this idea unknowingly. Glad you like it. :D

Latest posts

Back