My Moped and my Vespa

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100_0928.jpg

VL.jpg

That is the Vespa and Garelli as I got them. The Vespa sat outside under a tree all winter..took 3 visits to get the owner to sell. It took 45 days to get it going again. The Moped was one a friend gave me for giving a sweet deal on several others. Ir ran when I got it. I had 9 Mopeds this winter 3 ran and all but 2 do now. Thanks to my friend. He is a moped collector Guru and we swap stuff all the time.

Aaron

THAT GREEN ONE IS SWEET! I like old cushman scoots.. There neet.

I agree I'd love to find an old Cushman Stepthrough and fix her up... flat black, white walls, red pinstripes and rims... LOL

Aaron

That'd be sweet. My dad always talks about how much he wanted one when he was a kid. I wish i could get him one now. I will buy him one someday.

Hugo that's a cool original. As a VBB yours is a 150 cc mine is a 125 cc so it's a VNB other than that they are the same.

Aaron

ACD said:
I agree I'd love to find an old Cushman Stepthrough and fix her up... flat black, white walls, red pinstripes and rims... LOL

Aaron

what kind of Cushman ?, local Yammy dealer has a Cushman Tote for sale.

I'm owned by ScootDawg Staff Member, Moderator, Forum Designer, Journalist, all around helpful pleasant guy. I am a member of Urban Scootin, the BBS, China Riders, Vannin', and more. In real life I'm an overglorified janitor. Chances are good we all share the same interests and thus forums. It's an increasingly small world!!

Aaron

Alas at the moment the Cushman must remain a distant dream due to lack of funds ... not familiar with the Tote. The ones I like are from the 40's and 50's. Don't like the Cushman Eagles much they don't look like scooters.. they are cool for what they are though. Happy with the Vespa for now. Everyone needs a Rat Bike though... in case the other toys won't start or we get hit by a huge ElectroMagnetic Pulse...LOL

Aaron

here's pics of mine... sorry for the pics, they are actual pics scanned in...

the blue/green one is the 74 primavera, (blue=before, green=after) total resto, 10"wheels, polini cylinder
kit, leovinci pipe.

the red/white is a 62ish allstate compact (puch) i no longer have this one.

the sea foamy ratty one is the 66 sprint with a P200 engine. 10" wheels. (55 mph in 2nd gear...)

the red carcass is a P200 we got for a case of beer... we have everything but the engine and wheels...

scoots1.jpg

scoots2.jpg

scoots3.jpg

scoots4.jpg

scoots5.jpg

scoots6.jpg

oct.

Last edited:
Very Nice Scoots! You gonna come to the Owls Head Museum Antique Motorcycle show in late August? A few others from Portland way are coming up. Are you a member of the Yahoo forums Maine Scooter Group? Small group but most all are vintage owners and they do rides together. Most are from Southern Maine.

Aaron

CCR the one you posted a pic of is perfect... that's the style I like.

Aaron

Your stuff is soooooo nice !!!!
( the old Vespas you guys posted )

The new Scoot Quarterly just came out and
Ive been drooling over scoots all day !
I see LAmbretta rebadged some Adly's !?!?!
:eek: :eek:

Here is something different....Theres a lot of videos
on youTube about these, too......

http://www.kikkermoto.com/

Kikker-5150-Hardknock-Med.jpg

110cc, 4sp, just like an old Vespa !

Those are cool and pretty cheap... $1500 or less. They use basically the same engine as the old 110 three wheeler which itself evolved from the original Honda Cub 50cc then Passport 70/90 cc. Bulletproof little engine.

In Maine you could easily put that on the road but in most states it would be a hassle. In Maine no titles needed under 300 cc.

Aaron

Back