My neighborhood

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and these are the people in my neighborhood, in my neighborhood, in my neighborhoo-oood!
5815310SesameStreetMural-Small.jpg

I'm sorry, when I read the name of the thread, the song popped in my head and I couldn't help myself. :lol:

I took this in the front yard. The crab apples draw them in.
P1010828.jpg

This is the road directly across from my house. It doesn't look steep in the pic but it is. That's all hill for about a Quarter mile. On a very snowy morning I saw a big town snow plow try to go nose first up and then started to slide back down. It went sideways and blocked the road and got stuck between 2 trees on either side of the road. Theres only one way out and it was 6:30 am on a week day and soon people started backing up the hill. I was working 3rd shift and just got home. Next thing you know theres 3 more trucks, this old guy hobbles out if one and waves the young green horn driver out of the stuck truck. Pops uses the plow hydraulics sise to side and gets it free. He was saying something to the young guy that I wish I had heard becuase the other guys were all laughing at him. The next try he backed it up. That's how ya do it.
P1010829.jpg

Heres my road, the traffic goes a lot faster than 35 mph.
P1010830.jpg

P1010831.jpg

Love ur road, id go hauling down it on my bike. Yeah i dont think i could drive 35 either.. It looks so smoooth and long. Unlike our michigan roads.

So far I've seen deer, pheasant, fox, turkey, turkey vultures, hawks, rabbits and various other varmints in my yard. It was neat watching a fox dig for moles just before daylight. I like venison but have you ever had fried pheasant? My favorite. :p

I've visited most of the country and many foreign countries. Lived in the mid west and liked it a lot. I really love New England. There is no better combo of small towns, big cities, hills (many mountains in New Hampshire), shoreline, hot weather, cold weather. there is a little of everything here.

That's for sure. We actually have a nice hill for sledding in our back yard.

Here's a picture from last year of my brave wife and son (he's not really brave, just crazy) sledding down the hill in our yard.
P1010141.jpg

We didn't tell her we built a jump. 8)
P1010144.jpg

My son and I cleared 6' . I was sitting on a lawn chair cushion. I'll try to get some more pics today as we just got a few inches of snow last night. :D I'm psyched! :D I turn 45 today but I'm as childish as ever.

I took these in my yard the other day.
Avon gangster W.W.'s make great tire swings. :p
P1011163.jpg

P1011172.jpg

P1011173.jpg

The 'Balance Beam'. On the other side of the stone wall is my neighbors property. He's got 22 acres. lucky stiff. :mrgreen:
P1011174.jpg

P1011175.jpg

My rock. Most of my hill is a HUGE granite rock. It attracts a lot of lightning. :shock:
P1011176.jpg

I had a dog that would walk up this tree. I one more than one bet that I had a tree climbing dog. 8)
P1011177.jpg

P1011180.jpg

P1011181.jpg

Dr. Suess tree. :eek:
P1011182.jpg

Fred loves snow. :p
P1011183.jpg

P1011184.jpg

P1011185.jpg

Always hunting. :)
P1011192.jpg

We found him there the next morning. It was....too late. :cry:
P1011187.jpg

I am the one who lives in the house down on the corner that all the other neighbors complain about.

41DX said:
I am the one who lives in the house down on the corner that all the other neighbors complain about.
And here I thought they were complaining about me!

Back